Shinkon Quest: Maou no Musume wa Majime Yuusha o Otoshitai ♡ - Ch. 1 - Harold The Hero

Dex-chan lover
"Hero, listen up." Totally sounds wrong. Way too informal. It lacks an air of pomp and circumstance you'd expect in the revelation of a prophecy. Perhaps write it as "Hark, O Hero."? It definitely has more gravitas this way.

Dex-chan lover
Yona's design feels a bit overdone with all the bits and bobs, but I really like that tail's tip(?). Creates a distinct and unique impression with a bit more of a magical feel than you'd expect :thumbsup:

This setup feels familiar but I can't recall where or how.

Dex-chan lover
Being the hero sounds awful since you are basically relegated to being a slave to society & I don't blame his dad for abandoning that job. Doesn't seem like Yona is a bad girl & the book is basically allowing them to do the things that the church refrains a hero from doing. This has a follow from me so I look forward to the future chapters. Thanks for the translations.

Dex-chan lover
Can't tell if she's a shortstack or he's just huge. I hope it's the former we need more shortstacks.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
IS A DI-
VINE O-
RACLE
Really?

As for the series itself, usually when the waifu is air delivered to the protag he usually is just an unremarkable stand in for a lonely reader, but Harold here is basically in customer service, so he deserves it.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter!

So the hero is basically the equivalent of the overworked office worker trope; he does thankless work all day, every day because 'it's his duty'.

Now we also have the 'Oh woe is me to be forcibly married by the gods to my insanely beautiful succubus wife! She must hate it and is faking everything, but I wouldn't want to actually talk to her about it, that'd be embarrassing!'

Is the 'god book' going to force him to breed his wife and make a (minimum) baseball team of little human-demon hybrid heroes to be inducted to the hero-slave program?

Dex-chan lover
That's a nice new entry

uoa5pi.png

Dex-chan lover
Well well... looks like the demon wife is quite a beast hidden inside that cute facade. It'll be interesting to see if this holds up, easy follow here.

Users who are viewing this thread