Shinmai Ossan Boukensha, Saikyou Party ni Shinu hodo Kitaerarete Muteki ni Naru. - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - 12 Year Late Start

Aggregator gang
if he trained for one more year, he would have lost his hair

Group Leader
Washed out colour is common in manually scanned manga from physical copies (Evident from the imperfect stitching on the 2 pages spread).

Instead of directly using contrast adjustment, I'd suggest atleast using the levelling function or if possible, curve adjustment.

https://www.insidescanlation.com/etc/the-idiots-guide-to-editing-manga/guide/cleaning/level.html

Looks like your current RAW is pre-processed already and requires only little additional work. Should dust and moire crop up in the future, QSS has an incredible collection of guides for dealing with old-school physical scans.

https://quicksandscans.wordpress.com/dusting/

https://quicksandscans.wordpress.com/resources/

Dex-chan lover
I'd very much thank you if you fix the font. It's awfully sharp!

Yeah, from what little I've seen I would say I prefer your version, the other does look washed out.

Aggregator gang
Well, considering how many manga there are with boringly OP MCs, at least this one breaks the mold a little bit. Hopefully this one gets better as time goes on.

Ditto on the "Level Correction"/"Tone Curve" suggestion -- Contrast seems to be making some of the lighter shades fade a little, though that might just be the example comparison at the end-notes with the smaller images and shrunken dot size

Double-page supporter
Thanks for the chapter.

But one think is bugging me:
the "you start at 10 years old"

Since they don't look that young, and also the chapter is "12 years late start", shouldn't they be 20 years old?
So it would be "10y earlier" instead of "10y old"

Group Leader
@hypo

Huh... didn't even think about that. But for what it's worth, I'm fairly certain the Japanese both says 10yo and 12 years late. The '12-years late' thing is the chapter title, so there's not extra context to use, but if I had to guess, it's referring to a slightly different thing. In this world it would seem that you have to start training your magic young (presumably what the starting at 10 refers to), because you'll hit your growth limit at the age of 20 (pg. 30). He's in his 30s. So basically his 'start' is 12 years after his 'growth limit'.

*edit* Looking at it more, perhaps it's more accurate to say, not necessarily at 10, but in the 10s (i.e. 10-19)

*edit* I changed the lines from 10 -> teen/before 20. I think that's more accurate. Thanks for getting me to relook at the raws

Ok nice its good. Thanks for the update, please continue translating this manga really love it. Thank you translators can't wait for the next update.

Dex-chan lover
That was great. His exam number even said, "Go Die." Maybe people will gossip about his awesome attack, "Go Die Punch."

Dex-chan lover
Seems to be the typical "i don't know how strong i actually am relative to the world" plot. Might change in the future though.

Fed-Kun's army
turning the contrast up so high is removing the background tones try using the burn tool to darken the black with out washing out the light greys or adjust the level at the lower end instead of the contrast slider

Users who are viewing this thread