Shinmai Shimai no Futari Gohan - Ch. 65 - Oden

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter.
This series always make me hungry and tempt me to try their recipes.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter. What happened to the series by the way, was it on hiatus? Artist sick? Or maybe it was the group that was taking a break? If so welcome back everyone

Why are there pages that says "continues in the next page" are there 3 parts every chapter?

Dex-chan lover
The forum seemed to be down when the chapter came out so I didn't get to comment earlier, but thanks for the chapter!!
Really appreciate this series every time I read it, even after all these years

Dex-chan lover
thank you so so much for the update even though it takes a while to update i'm happy to see its not in part

smile-happy.gif

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter. What happened to the series by the way, was it on hiatus? Artist sick? Or maybe it was the group that was taking a break? If so welcome back everyone
I think I read that the mangaka indeed had health issues so had to take a hiatus. But great that it's apparently been "resolved"!

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter.
This series always make me hungry and tempt me to try their recipes.
I tried using their recipe page to make Onigiri and it was a disaster, which is weird because I'm usually a pretty good cook. So I haven't tried any of the others.

Dex-chan lover
I tried using their recipe page to make Onigiri and it was a disaster, which is weird because I'm usually a pretty good cook. So I haven't tried any of the others.
Good to know. I’m just an average cook, so if it fails for you, I will have to be extra careful if I were to try then.

That said, I haven’t had the time to actually try any of them to be fair, but usually recipes that seem simple like onigiri and dashimaki tamago seem to end up horribly far from expected for me.
Perhaps because it is perceived as “simple” that they neglect to note some of the detailed steps, while a more complex dish would tend to include more information. Though this is just my conjecture.

Dex-chan lover
Good to know. I’m just an average cook, so if it fails for you, I will have to be extra careful if I were to try then.

That said, I haven’t had the time to actually try any of them to be fair, but usually recipes that seem simple like onigiri and dashimaki tamago seem to end up horribly far from expected for me.
Perhaps because it is perceived as “simple” that they neglect to note some of the detailed steps, while a more complex dish would tend to include more information. Though this is just my conjecture.
I have tried making some of the things they make, but normally I'll seek out a recipe for it online because there's usually more explanation. I think there's an expectation for the Japanese readers to already understand some basic things that fill in the gaps, which might not be clear to non-Japanese readers.

Dex-chan lover
I have tried making some of the things they make, but normally I'll seek out a recipe for it online because there's usually more explanation. I think there's an expectation for the Japanese readers to already understand some basic things that fill in the gaps, which might not be clear to non-Japanese readers.
I totally get it, in my case there are certain techniques that I’ve never done before / have little experience in and when I tried it I noticed midway that I totally was going to fail it, so I spin it off to something slightly different so I don’t waste food.
The typical “home cooked” dishes, is surprisingly difficult (for me at least). :ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread