Shinmai Shimai no Futari Gohan - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Ham Sandwhich

Dex-chan lover
I don't need to read a full-chapter to give a high rank for this one.

Edit: i've read a chapter... 10/10

Dex-chan lover
tenor.gif

Dex-chan lover
Mmm, Jamon Serrano!
(although, that's not where the real money is. A Jamon Iberico from Spain can be 50 bucks for a hundred grams; I can't imagine how much a whole leg would be. Luckily for me, I tried some of that top of the line stuff and I don't actually like it any more than a basic Serrano.)

Fed-Kun's army
This is how a certain "vitamin c" should be, simple, cute, wholesome, and no bs soap opera all over.

I was searching for some good romance manga and found this instead

My heart is melting,this is just soooooo cute

Fed-Kun's army
300 bucks, that´s some expensive one the japanese can get. In the places i´ve been i could always find it around 10-15 bucks per kilogram, if not that, the Alps version one, the prosciutto, which is very similar.

Dex-chan lover
@Abetillo Yeah, but the Jamon Iberico is made with these black pigs that have to be acorn fed and spend half their time in the forest or some damn thing and then it has to be cured for ages and all that. Megastrict regs to get to be called proper Jamon Iberico, so no surprise it costs a mint. I kind of wish I liked it more. But even the Serrano, in Canada where I live you're talking a few bucks per hundred grams to get actual ham from Spain. True, prosciutto's a bit cheaper and it's good too, but for me there's something about the Spanish stuff.

Fed-Kun's army
@Purplelibraryguy Well, i was naive there: first i forgot the issues with permits on North america and second i got overconfident as i lived in several places but if i think about it all where at most only 3000km from the Italic and Iberian peninsulas. On the other side, the 300 bucks that are mentioning in the manga are about the normal one, not the acorn feeded one.

Just one question, while one quick look on Internet showed me that there ''jamon'' and ''prosciutto'' are sold are luxury foods, are the prices there for other cured/smoked/salted similar meats around the same?

Dex-chan lover
@Abetillo Ehhhh, it's certainly more expensive than your basic locally made ham or pastrami or even Montreal smoked (really good Montreal Smoked Beef is one of my personal holy grails). Come to that, probably prosciutto's usually cheaper just because it's so much better known that there's a lot made locally--prosciutto from Italy probably costs. But there's a lot of relatively specialty stuff that's in the same league.

Users who are viewing this thread