Shino to Ren - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - Staying Over

Dex-chan lover
If another full group is working on it take what you can do and put into another series that could use some love 🫡

Dex-chan lover
If another group is working on this one, I'd rather see you work on witch guild fantasia. but thank you always for these translations.

Fed-Kun's army
The other group's translations are more understandable, but thank you for at least picking it up when no one did and translating it! Thank you for your work until now!

Dex-chan lover
I think you should keep translating it. You never know what will happen. The other translator might drop it at some point so it's nice to have two options in that case.

Besides, your translation isn't that bad. It's understandable enough.

Last edited:
Sad but okay
Just because you're on your own doesn't mean you can't put in some effort.

First of all, this being a retranslation from Korean already results in a lot of translation errors. Just skimming through the Japanese raws I can pick out many mistakes already and simply comparing the two translations it's clear to see that the other version actually makes sense and has proper English sentence structure.

Second, typesetting. Finding the center of a bubble is not that hard. Use center-alignment for your text. Put an outline on your text when it's outside of bubbles. You messed the tracking on the font so the letters are too close to each other. Just look at any guide to typesetting for some basics, please.

Third, "redrawing". In quotations because it seems all you've done is white out the text. Photoshop has built in tools that make it very easy to replicate gradients and patterns. Whiting out the text is incredibly ugly and distracting. A quick skim through the chapter and I've found numerous panels where you whited out the text without actually putting new text back in. Why even bother erasing the text if you're not gonna put in anything? And to top it off you left half of the Korean text in without translating it at all.

No one is asking you to be fast with your releases, but if you actually cared about the series you should want people to be able to read it in the highest possible quality, which in this case is people that actually know what they're doing, but you seem more interesting in asking people to donate to your Ko-Fi for this half-assed job.

Banned
Just because you're on your own doesn't mean you can't put in some effort.

First of all, this being a retranslation from Korean already results in a lot of translation errors. Just skimming through the Japanese raws I can pick out many mistakes already and simply comparing the two translations it's clear to see that the other version actually makes sense and has proper English sentence structure.

Second, typesetting. Finding the center of a bubble is not that hard. Use center-alignment for your text. Put an outline on your text when it's outside of bubbles. You messed the tracking on the font so the letters are too close to each other. Just look at any guide to typesetting for some basics, please.

Third, "redrawing". In quotations because it seems all you've done is white out the text. Photoshop has built in tools that make it very easy to replicate gradients and patterns. Whiting out the text is incredibly ugly and distracting. A quick skim through the chapter and I've found numerous panels where you whited out the text without actually putting new text back in. Why even bother erasing the text if you're not gonna put in anything? And to top it off you left half of the Korean text in without translating it at all.

No one is asking you to be fast with your releases, but if you actually cared about the series you should want people to be able to read it in the highest possible quality, which in this case is people that actually know what they're doing, but you seem more interesting in asking people to donate to your Ko-Fi for this half-assed job.
top kek. I agree. It's time to stop. The other group is vastly superior.

Group Leader
i think you should stop with this tbh, we’d all prefer quicker scanlations but quality is better than quantity- and the second group is doing better releases

Users who are viewing this thread