Shinozaki-kun no Mente Jijou - Vol. 9 Ch. 35

Group Leader
One other thing I forgot to mention in the chapter notes - Fuyugare's little turn of phrase on page 6 (that Shinozaki responds to with confusion, which Fuyugare uses as proof that they're all idiots) is my take on the Japanese term of 賢愚 (kengu) which is a quite obscure term meaning "the wise and the foolish," hence why Shinozaki didn't know about it. Because English does not really have a similar archaic, complicated word describing that sort of idea, I just used "erudite and benighted" since those aren't super common words (not as uncommon as kengu, but still).

also edit there were some issues but I fixed them :)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
reading the tl note and nodding along yeah YEAH like people also say those stuff about "word unique to german language" etc etc basically any languages that aren't english lol like. chill. translation and localization are things that happen because various languages and cultures share the same human sentiment

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the tl!

God I absolutely adore this author and her character designs, plus it was so nice seeing the office buddies again.

Maybe they could install some plain vending machines in the store so the non magical people can get some grey merch too.

Feeling like I'l reread, I've been recommending this series to friends (and really anyone who will listen that thinks this is cool lol) and a decent amount of them read it and were thrilled to find such a gem of a manga series.

Group Leader
reading the tl note and nodding along yeah YEAH like people also say those stuff about "word unique to german language" etc etc basically any languages that aren't english lol like. chill. translation and localization are things that happen because various languages and cultures share the same human sentiment
The other reason of course just being the nature of agglutinative languages like Japanese, German, and others - yeah obviously the language that lets you stack words like Legos will have "unique" words... Because those words are sentences in and of themselves.

Gu7

Dex-chan lover
IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN MEEEEE !!!!!

o1Al2UN.jpeg

Double-page supporter
thank you for the scans!!! man i love the panelling of this series, super whimsical and fun. fuyugare ripping open the first panel of that one page was so great. and shinozaki's office mates are also always a blast!!

Dex-chan lover
Shinozaki knows his coworkers well... and how much of a pushover he is too.

Grey is in his popular phase XD.

The explanation about how magic works in this world, kinda explains why that woman was having so much difficulty making a book that would explain the basics of magic, at its personal level... magic is an expression of one's self, so even if there are "mechanical" explanations to it, it doesn't means it will automatically help a mage develop their magic.

Group Leader
Shinozaki knows his coworkers well... and how much of a pushover he is too.

Grey is in his popular phase XD.

The explanation about how magic works in this world, kinda explains why that woman was having so much difficulty making a book that would explain the basics of magic, at its personal level... magic is an expression of one's self, so even if there are "mechanical" explanations to it, it doesn't means it will automatically help a mage develop their magic.
I like to also think that those "mechanical" explanations might be unique to her- as in, it is how her magic works, but maybe not other people's, since part of her desire (egoism, whatever) is wanting to be able to explain it. Thus, an explanation that works for her exists, even if it won't work for anyone else, or even be accurate to the process at all- which would be unfortunate, considering everything. Of course, that might not be the case, or only the case for part of it (e.g., the thermodynamic transfer part, since that much seems extremely fundamental)... either way, I think it's fun to think about. For her sake I like to think she's at least half-right.

Ty for the translation! sorry to hear your feeling tired, hope that changes! Love getting updates for this series it's so unique. Found the translation notes interesting, thanks for including them. It's nice to learn about the process and I'm sure making decisions on how to tl things isn't easy, so know ur appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread