Shinryaku! Ika Musume

Contributor
Wrote a review on this, here it is:
https://terrenceswiff.wordpress.com/2016/06/06/shinryaku-ika-musume/

I do love this series. I honestly don't have any problems with it. I don't think it's some SSS tier amazing and wondrous manga, but it's so dang good and cute. Funny, too, of course. Read it!

Group Leader
It took around 200 chapters for the squid jokes to finally appear, but all the translators did a phenomenal job translating this wonderful manga! I’d love for the characters’ “roles” to be resolved somewhat, but I’m fine with the manga, one of the best SoL out there.

Decent slice-of-life manga with good art. It really starts getting repetitive about halfway through because the mangaka didn't make use of longer plot lines or any real sort of character development. Still, a worthwhile read for what it is.

Group Leader
It is with some delight and dismay that I realized I actually said squid pro quo when discussing current events recently. Ika Musume flashbacks followed.

Dex-chan lover
100% unimpressed, dropped after a quarter hundred chapters. Not a single character who'd evoke sympathy, the jokes fall flat,
"Ok, we're leaving for the night, and we'll just leave Ika Musume alone, only to listen to us have fun and laugh without her, out in the distance - how funny!"
"Ok, we'll put a collar on her neck and treat her like a dog - how funny!"
Hi-fucking-larious.
I must not be in the target audience, apparently.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread