Shiori Experience: My Plain Self and an Odd Old Man - Vol. 10 Ch. 46 - JACK in!

Dex-chan lover
HolY SHITTTT, SUCH POWER

I had literal chills when that soundwave went through all the audience and broke the wall behind Mitsuoka, but that got dwarfed by that masterful use of the color pages. 1E100/10 chapter

Dex-chan lover
I'll never get tired of how this artist draws people being shocked and impressed. Love the way they use silhouettes, and fantastic use of color pages.

Also I'm so glad sensei decided to prioritize Mitsuoka's happiness over her own band.

Double-page supporter
I know the story goes on, but this would have been one heck of decent place to end (sort of an open-ended, "and the journey continues"-type end).

I do feel for Subaru-sensei, a bit, but she pretty much already succeeded. Even if it's the "end" for her, she's going on near the top of the game. No shame. Besides it's not like her life's at stake, unlike Shiori.

EDIT: much as I love this manga, there's several reasons I think it could never be animated. First, it spends a lot of the early part of the story putting down mass-produced, nice but forgettable music, which is the exact kind of music that anime, idols, and seiyuus pump out by the truckload every season. It's risky to make a product that basically calls the tastes of your target audience crap. I mean, speaking for myself, I have tons of anime/JPOP music, but I'll be the first to admit that none of it will be noteworthy in 50 years, unlike the legends that this manga is an homage to.

Second, Shiori Experience's music is supposed to be on the level of Nirvana, Hendrix, et al. It's really unlikely that an original composer making music for an anime adaptation could reach that level of genius - if they had that talent, they'd be a legend already. That means that we're going to have to pretend that "JACK In" really is a work of generational genius, where in fact it'll likely be "pretty good" at best. And I think that would be a disservice to the music that this manga is elevating.

Dex-chan lover
holy, this series keeps topping itself. such amazing depictions of the power of sound and music

Users who are viewing this thread