Shitai no ♡ Karen-san!!

Banned
@maelstroon : That strikes me as incredibly misleading. Aren't the tags supposed to be about what is actually here, displayed on the site?

Contributor
@SotiCoto
The "Pub. status" literally means Publication Status, not Release Status.
I'm pretty sure there have been multiple requests/suggestions made to the Mods about adding a "Release Status" before, but it obviously hasn't been implemented yet (or the idea was rejected).

status.png

Dex-chan lover
@SotiCoto that particular tag is Pub. status so it's not about what is on the site, if you want what's on the site check the reading progress tag, that one let's you know what's available here

Aggregator gang
@justforthelulz
a release status would be rather troublesome to implement, if it was automatic with last chapter then some would upload the last chapter and it would be marked as finished, or some incomplete chapters in between, what about it being complete in some languages and not in others, you can't really find a middle ground for it to be feasible without being obnoxious or broken

Contributor
@FireCamp
Oh, I'm well aware that many suggestions made in good faith for user convenience are not necessarily worth the staff effort of implementing them in a reasonable manner.

Banned
@justforthelulz : ... What is the point in that though? I thought publication status referred to the translations here. It didn't even occur to me it might refer to the original source material simply because that is irrelevant AND misleading and there would be no point even bothering to mention it.

@FireCamp : The last chapter thing would be fine, as long as a specific tag was added to mark it as the last. Yeah, it would be open to someone sabotaging the system by uploading a chapter marked as the last without everything inbetween.... but frankly that would be kinda puerile, and probably identified and dealt with pretty quickly due to its obviousness. In any case, a system like that would be more useful than none at all....

I get that some things are impractical to implement for technical reasons. Got that when I raised the topic of manga length on the forums... so I'm guessing all the redundant popularity metrics and the like that ARE included are just there because they were easy? It isn't as if they're in any way useful nor informative.

Contributor
@SotiCoto
I have always seen scanlation teams refer to their chapter/volumes as "releases", so the "publication status" never felt misleading to me. *shrug*
However, I will say that I can see how it can be confusing to some, since a common question in the comments is, "Why does this say [COMPLETED] when it's only chapter X?"

In any case, there is a forum section exclusively dedicated for suggestions such as yours, so why not create a topic there and see what the devs have to say about it?
https://mangadex.org/forum/10

Aggregator gang
@SotiCoto you say identified quickly, how many mangas are there on the site, if you can't automate it properly it's gonna be a nightmare to manage, also what about people who let's say have no interest in translating but just due to popular demand tl the last chapter of a dropped series for others to know the ending, you can't say they're doing it with malicious intent, and dealt with? how ? delete the chapter ? for what reason, or maybe manually update the tag to not say "releases finished" , again management nightmare, it could easily be overcome by the user clicking on "raw", seeing how many volumes/chapters there are, and comparing them to the translated chapters

Banned
@justforthelulz : Because I'm not trying to push for a change (that would be futile). I'm just asking questions in the hopes of getting answers.

@FireCamp : I'm judging based on my experiences with SQL primarily... in so far as what I believe to be quick or slow is concerned.
Anyhow... your example of a very unorthodox situation doesn't seem like a problem to me. If that is all the ending that is going to be achieved then marking it as complete is fair. Frankly your "easily overcome" method seems orders of magnitude more effort-intensive than what you're calling a "management nightmare".

Aggregator gang
@SotiCoto i'm not gonna argue anymore since neither of us have made any pertinent argument, just wanna end it with saying, it was suggested and rejected by the staff so that's that

@SquigglesJP i dont know if this is the original meme, but the first time i've ever seen it was in a gurren lagann plot summary i think on 4chan. Someone's made a youtube video of it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCO3hTCRFYc

Group Leader
No Karen memes, seriously, and the comment field is acting like a bunch of entitled Karens. No way I’m reading this.

Aggregator gang
So we have a female lead who goes at night to hotel with a person who sexually harassed her while wearing swimsuit...
I hope MC would drop her slutty and stupid ass.
Shame nothing bad will happen to FL and she will go around doing her usual stuff. Just because of that stupidity I want to rate this manga at 1.

Aggregator gang
Also it seems that female lead is quite slutty. So read it carefully. She went with a rapist who wants to rape her. She liked it (didn't raped her, but liked it that he attempted it), forgave him and became friends with him while still claiming that she loves MC.

so its not a korean manhua? i really hate this long strip type of mangas 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

The mc disgusts me. I am only here for my girl, his boss. He is so easy. Why is he letting that slut (talking about the ghost that lives with him) just linger there??? Yet when someone tries to exercise her he be like "she is not a bad girl...!" Like bruh she h=is a horny mf trying to get in your pants. Do you like it or something? You legit almost let her do you so you must do. He has no backbone. Why the hell do you keep leading my girl on when you letting that slut do whatever to you? Talking about "y it shrink?!" He absolutely disgusts me.

Dex-chan lover
@SotiCoto this is super late, but that idea (completion status per language) was rejected. if you want to know if a thing is done, see if there is a chapter with the end marker then if there is no "missing" tab (but if there is, check it, split chapters aren't checked, so if there are some chapters that start x.1, issues appear).

Users who are viewing this thread