shitpost here

Dex-chan lover
brother, have you watched Brave Bang Bravern? it's like starship troopers much mecha anime

bang-brave-bang-bravern-brave.gif
well, last I heard, it was still airing/not done, so I'll wait until it ends.
but while on the topic, you guys seen the gunbuster OVA ? it's pretty cool, I'm at episode 4 of 6. it's pretty good.

Dex-chan lover
but while on the topic, you guys seen the gunbuster OVA ? it's pretty cool, I'm at episode 4 of 6. it's pretty good.
What, the original 1988 one? It's great. Stay away from any forums and come back in a couple of hours when you finish that last episode.

Dex-chan lover
What, the original 1988 one? It's great. Stay away from any forums and come back in a couple of hours when you finish that last episode.
yeah, I did, it was peak. last episode was all black and white tho, idk if this was an error on the website I used end.
honestly, kinda wished there were more episodes but at the same time, that might means said episodes wouldn't be as good.
(discovered the anime cause youtube recommend me the music they used during episode 5 when the gunbuster shows up)

Dex-chan lover
yeah, I did, it was peak. last episode was all black and white tho, idk if this was an error on the website I used end.
I know what you mean, I had a similar panicked reaction too when I first started seeing it. It's meant to look like that, though. I remember there were even old, dumb rumors floating around about how Gainax "ran out of budget, so they didn't colour in the cels to save money" (lol)

The Gunbuster March is great. Although it would be more fitting for Jung, given the whole Soviet anthem/Shostakovich feel. Noriko's theme though always hits me just right; instantly brings me back to that whopper of a finale.

Last edited:
Group Leader
hasn't he suffered enough? being resurrected for a shit trilogy is punishment enough I'm with you free the poor man
Id like disney to ressurect him once again so they can lose more money. He just cant take a break man7

Dex-chan lover
There are three Star Wars movies and a Christmas special. Everything else can fuck off.
As someone who grew up with the prequels i can confidently say you old timers can suck a fat one except if you're talking about the phantom menace that was straight ass no denying

Dex-chan lover
Id like disney to ressurect him once again so they can lose more money. He just cant take a break man7
man, the sequel being directionless and essentially fucking the ip to irrelevance thus killing any other sequel makes me even madder when I realize we'll never get the yushan vong in canon.

Dex-chan lover
As someone who grew up with the prequels i can confidently say you old timers can suck a fat one except if you're talking about the phantom menace that was straight ass no denying
I grew up with the prequel trilogy too and liked it. Although, I really started to appreciate it more after the terrible sequel trilogy came out. Phantom Menace still sucked though.

Dex-chan lover
I grew up with the prequel trilogy too and liked it. Although, I really started to appreciate it more after the terrible sequel trilogy came out. Phantom Menace still sucked though.
I guess you're entitled to your opinions, even if they're wrong and dumb and the objective truth is the entire prequel trilogy is a steaming pile (or would be, if I acknowledged its existence, which I don't). And then the mouse got his hands on the IP and made it all so much worse.

(I am prepared to die on this hill, just so you know.)

Dex-chan lover
And then the mouse got his hands on the IP and made it all so much worse.

(I am prepared to die on this hill, just so you know.)
are you really gonna hate on the droideka and the really cool double bladed lightsaber Darth maul had ?

Users who are viewing this thread