Shitsugyou Kenja no Nariagari ~Kirawareta Sainou wa Sekai Saikyoudeshita~ - Vol. 2 Ch. 16

Something tells me the proper god got jealous of the outer gods fame, while not even helping humans when they were in trouble.

Seems like the discriminating and riddled with insecurities type of god. Will be interesting to see what the god will do next. New hero or a crusade.

Dex-chan lover
If she still isn't converted, and sees him as an enemy, why did she give him a tip on how to tempt more adventurers to the dungeon by hiding his killing intent (and making it more dungeonlike vs fortresslike)? Wouldn't it be best for humanity if he remained terrible at concealing his killing intent, keeping people away from his dungeon, and not causing any deaths?

If humanity is screwed from one lil boi changing sides.... they were screwed to begin with

Dex-chan lover
For a mercenary, Aisha carries the burden of too much sense of responsibility. She should concentrate on the coin more.

Omg I swear all those previous chapters are just building up to Aisha's punchline

@Salfaro good point but I assume Aisha wants to 'trap' them in the dungeon comfortably instead of getting bored and wreaking havoc outside.

@Kaarme A mercenary is concerned on getting paid, yes. However the author also outlined the reasons why she doesn't simply just jump ship, with people outside she genuinely cares for and are on the frontline of chaos. She even says so herself: she doesn't give a fuck to everyone else but the people she cares for, so it's for them she's mostly worried for.

Aggregator gang
So the outer gods save humanity and humanity just oft out betrayed them for the so called true god who just left them be abused and tormented by dragons talk about being ungrateful.

Dex-chan lover
@Hell_Satan I'm not trying to sound nihilistic or edgelordish, but that sounds exactly like what humans would do, eventually. The so called true god was likely far more convenient for the priests and the rulers than the outer gods, so the outer gods were made to look like enemies. Even in RL Christianity and Islam were so successful precisely because they are so convenient for those in power. The world was full of developed religions before Christianity and Islam, but they were far less useful for rulers and big religious organisations, so they lost the competition in the vast areas taken over by those two big monotheisms.

@sagefox She could just try to make sure her friends are okay and stay okay. It's much easier than planning to save the whole world, especially when she's only alive because Karna is so merciful and friendly. When the stakes are basically your life and death, it's better to do something you imagine you could actually pull off than try to reach the impossible. In the first place, she's not even trying to figure out Karna's (or the demon king's behind him) objectives, she's only relying on her own imagination.

Dex-chan lover
we got to the bs stage of the manga
it's revealed that the heroes are don't-give-a-fuck gods' employee, killing those gods who gave-a-fuck if humanity was about to die from dragons
and everyone is rolling with it

Lmao, because the shitty hero was so shitty he made a very powerfull "ally" of humanity an enemy of humanity instead, just because of "it's disgusting" or "he's showing me up", wtf? it's only four of them and he's worried people will see that he's a useless shit.

Seems to be that there's some inconsistencies in the proper "gods". The hero of the present did some assholey things and he got branded as unheroic by the gods. But hero of the past that backstabs the outer gods seems pretty unheroic to me.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, humanity wouldn’t be weak if they just offered the mc good pay (are they even weak? The Mc can’t exactly change his species and counts as human still right?)

@never_preorder I’m assuming this is like most gods. They just want to rule and be worshiped. Why even call themselves “proper” gods if not for that? That’s such a silly title. You’re either gods of you’re not; there’s no gray area or need to put “proper” in the title. I mean the outer gods literally saved humanity and even gave them order (and we haven’t heard anything about them being tyrannical). The other gods just wanted to be in power and worshiped (assuming) so they got some humans that wanted to rule themselves to do it for them (assuming). Now they have to keep up appearances and can’t have a hero that looks worse morally than the opposition. It just see,s like politics on a religious scale to me. You can do whatever before you’re elected, but after you better not let anything that looks bad come out or else your power might be usurped or straight up taken as the people moved to worshiping someone else.

Dex-chan lover
"I promised to res him if he achieves a kill quota"
"you mustn't kill anyone, or you wont receive your reward!"

wat?

Users who are viewing this thread