Shizune-chan wa Kyou mo Nemurenai - Vol. 1 Ch. 11

Dex-chan lover
Joined
Feb 3, 2024
Messages
143
Unlike the muffins, every one of these chapters is super sweet.



Also, I think I might've stumbled upon something interesting about the names.

I had forgotten that Nezushii and Pepe were from chapter 7. When I searched for "nezushii anime", the top results were from a novel/manga/anime called "No. 6" ("number 6"). Apparently, "NezuShi" is used by fans to refer to the BL ship between the two main characters, Nezumi and Shion. And since the translation notes in chapter 7 explain that "Pepe" is just "66" in katakana, these seem to be intentional references.

"Nono" then might also be a reference to the "No." in "No. 6".
 
Last edited:
Group Leader
Joined
Oct 20, 2023
Messages
84
Unlike the muffins, every one of these chapters is super sweet.



Also, I think I might've stumbled upon something interesting about the names.

I had forgotten that Nezushii and Pepe were from chapter 7. When I searched for "nezushii anime", the top results were from a novel/manga/anime called "No. 6" ("number 6"). Apparently, "NezuShi" is used by fans to refer to the BL ship between the two main characters, Nezumi and Shion. And since the translation notes in chapter 7 explain that "Pepe" is just "66" in katakana, these seem to be intentional references.

"Nono" then might also be a reference to the "No." in "No. 6".
66 is the tankoubon page number. I just wrapped the note around the number. It's what I do for all such notes. 6 is roku in Japanese. 66 is rokujuuroku. 7 is nana, so if they were going to do something with numbers then that would be the obvious choice considering it is chapter No 7 and Nana would also be a play on Nene.

Nezushii could still be a No 6 reference or it could just be a coincidence from reversing Shizune. It does appear on page No 6 of the chapter, but that could also be a coincidence as the odds are 1 in 8. That it's page No 66 of the tankoubon might also be intentional, but could also be a coincidence. You might be on to something here.

There doesn't seem to be any similarities between the plot of Nezushii and the plot of No 6. I'm not seeing any connection between Pepe and No 6 either but I could be missing something.

Nono as a reference might be a bit of a stretch. If it were on page No 6 instead of No 4 I'd be more on board with the idea. I think if they were going to use Nono as a reference then Pepe would have been Nono instead as it makes more sense to keep all No 6 references in the Nezushii universe. If it is a reference then they really dropped the ball in chapter No 7.

Had Nezushii and Nono both been named on page No 6 in chapter No 6 (instead of No 7) as well as page No 66 of the tankoubon, then I don't think there would be any question about it all being a No 6 reference.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Feb 3, 2024
Messages
143
66 is the tankoubon page number. I just wrapped the note around the number. It's what I do for all such notes. 6 is roku in Japanese. 66 is rokujuuroku. 7 is nana, so if they were going to do something with numbers then that would be the obvious choice considering it is chapter No 7 and Nana would also be a play on Nene.

Nezushii could still be a No 6 reference or it could just be a coincidence from reversing Shizune. It does appear on page No 6 of the chapter, but that could also be a coincidence as the odds are 1 in 8. That it's page No 66 of the tankoubon might also be intentional, but could also be a coincidence. You might be on to something here.

There doesn't seem to be any similarities between the plot of Nezushii and the plot of No 6. I'm not seeing any connection between Pepe and No 6 either but I could be missing something.

Nono as a reference might be a bit of a stretch. If it were on page No 6 instead of No 4 I'd be more on board with the idea. I think if they were going to use Nono as a reference then Pepe would have been Nono instead as it makes more sense to keep all No 6 references in the Nezushii universe. If it is a reference then they really dropped the ball in chapter No 7.

Had Nezushii and Nono both been named on page No 6 in chapter No 6 (instead of No 7) as well as page No 66 of the tankoubon, then I don't think there would be any question about it all being a No 6 reference.
Argh, I can't believe I misread the page number as being part of the translation notes. Then yeah, everything I said falls apart without the "66". Thanks for clearing up my misunderstanding!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top