Shokei Sareta Kenja wa Lich ni Tensei Shite Shinryaku Sensou wo Hajimaru - Vol. 1 Ch. 3.2

So thats the dude in the background of the cover, wonder who the other 2 will be

In wn I was imagined a skeleton minotaur to be you know, buffed, and stuff.

Reality is often disappointing.

Dex-chan lover
Is not wrong, it was like the ending of the Watchmen movie (dunno about the comics).

Also like Code Geass but the ending of code geass couldn't keep the facade to the end
and then the movies happened

@FuturaMIB peaceful for who? I don't like to get into politics in this site, but there's peace for the west, LATAM has been a mess though CIA coups for decades, ME the same, Africa has UK and France fucking about.

It's a bloody massacre every day.

Dex-chan lover
So basically: "The demon-lord method is flawed, I experienced it first hand. There is no such thing as peace."
And then: "The only logical conclusion is that I must be the demon lord!!!"

What.
No need for that pseudo-logic wank. Just say: "I am insane from anger and the literal death-curses of hundreds of people are swimming in my head, and I want to kill things". There. Done.
If he actually wanted to do anything helpful, he'd
1. Take total control over the monopoly of force of each, or most nations. He's the only one who's allowed to enforce the right to harm others, and relegate it to others.
2. Wipe out the concept of a ruling-class, and spread equal treatment for all citizens. Extra points if a meritocracy can be achieved.
3. And probably most important of all: Use his undead to create a workforce that does not require payment nor food. If the undead curse the land and thus cannot "work", I'm sure a fucking Sage can think of something productive here, even as an undead. Magic is magic, and surely he can use his new founded nation to find the human resources that'd do it for him, ffs.

As such, the worth of human life is reduced to shit, which means they're not worth the hassle of enslaving or lording over.

Dex-chan lover
@Solipsist Personally I feel like it's implicit that his thoughts are influenced by his experiences, both a bit mad from revenge, and also likely the miasma. Why should it have to be stated explicitly to be apparent that his line of thinking isn't necessarily the same now as previously, nor is it necessarily 'right'?

Definitely true there's infinite better ways to handle it, but most wouldn't involve being a 'demon lord' in the first place, which seems to come with the territory of being so obsessed with revenge that you don't die, and then actively absorbing the memories of everyone else who was murdered in that canyon, which, yeah, would warp anyone.

Dex-chan lover
@Fari
Oh, definitely. I agree with you on that.
What I had in mind, although I didn't articulate it, was that -- if the actual point behind the MC was that he truly became crazy, it'd would reflect better in the story. Abelit it is not needed to be stated explicitly: "MC is crazy, MC makes up stories to justify his revenge-wank" -- I do expect the base level of writing that'd make the MC seem tormented and demented, then everything he says can easily be traced to his fragile state of mind, rather than his words specifically.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@FrameE I mean, “buff” really only applies to muscles. And skeletons are creatures that specifically lack muscles, so there not much bones can do to look “buff”.

That being said, there are a lot of cases where they use armor, clothing, and/or accessories to cover up the boney nature of skeletons.

Users who are viewing this thread