Shokei Sareta Kenja wa Lich ni Tensei Shite Shinryaku Sensou wo Hajimaru - Vol. 4 Ch. 13 - 「The sage swears by the night sky」

Dex-chan lover
if the author try to write human as fundamentally bad, i will not like it. For me it need to be clear than the ones at the end (who kill the poor and helpless elves) are a small group like bandits, not a nation army.
If not it would make the story too manichean.
(i hope my choice of word is fine, it's not my main language)
Yeah, we're almost entering the domain of: majority of humanity is evil and the other species are mostly good! It's lazy and simplistic! Nothing is black and white! If this was the case, why is he even trying to unite the humans? What's the point? A prolonged war will only bring countless victims and he needs time for changes to happen, new leaders to come to power, the corrupted to lose power etc...Imo, his only option is to do everything by himself, an omnipotent ruler who will purge the corrupted, disarm the armies and after, letting them govern themselves with minimum intervention! It's not ideal, but what he needs is time for humanity to evolve

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, we're almost entering the domain of: majority of humanity is evil and the other species are mostly good! It's lazy and simplistic! Nothing is black and white! If this was the case, why is he even trying to unite the humans? What's the point? A prolonged war will only bring countless victims and he needs time for changes to happen, new leaders to come to power, the corrupted to lose power etc...Imo, his only option is to do everything by himself, an omnipotent ruler who will purge the corrupted, disarm the armies and after, letting them govern themselves with minimum intervention! It's not ideal, but what he needs is time for humanity to evolve
Yea some people think the MC is gonna make all these changes in a week, yet forget how long it took empires and kingdoms even cities just to start up.

That and you are right, he needs time but first he has to remove anyone who will get in his way to accomplish his goal. Save the world and bring peace.

I feel that if MC was human, a lot of the people wouldn't be saying what they are saying

Dex-chan lover
I like this Hero. It's a shame he was manipulated by the rest of humanity into believing lies. Personally, I would've loved it if the Hero joined forces with the Demon King.

Dex-chan lover
He actually died? I was expecting the MC to either spare him or kill him, only to have the hero revive again somehow. So much, I'm still kinda suspicious about it. Maybe the hero will pull a Jesus + insane power up?

And one thing about humans = bad and not wanting armies to be bad. Your regular person is not actually evil, but most of us are ignorant to some degree, and through that ignorance people in power can make the people do a lot of evil. Just think about the hero. He truly believed the previous hero betrayed humanity, because of what he had been taught. If a nation said elves are evil and taught that to their children, in a few generations you would have a nation full of people that hate elves.

Soldiers might not be evil, but they usually follow a strict hierarchy, so they might sometimes commit atrocities. Fully knowing they shouldn't. I mean, isn't that how wars work? Some person says, "Oh my... that piece of land you have there looks mighty appealing. Give it to me, or we go to war." And they go to war... because the soldiers are following what the commanders say, who follow what the king/president/person in charge says. If the soldiers defied their orders, it would be impossible to wage war.

People aren't evil, but we are ignorant and do what we believe is the "best" for us, even if it actually is really bad for us. Sometimes you know something is bad and do it anyway. People smoke, and most know it's bad for their health. We are kinda dumb and that sometimes lead to tragedies.

Users who are viewing this thread