Shokei Sareta Kenja wa Lich ni Tensei Shite Shinryaku Sensou wo Hajimaru

@wsssixteen
@Anonime

Pardon my intrusion and the obstruction of peace~ (since this seems interesting. ;9)
I support that it's is a logical cause, it might seem be shallow if the end point is ultimately for your own gain, but prioritizing your own gain above everything else is not really illogical since nothing is wrong with it. (it might not be humane tho'.)

I personally think that rather than fear of the hero causing a new war, it's probably because the hero "righteousness" which from the standpoint of the king is a tad bit too much to handle, which in turn would probably become the cause of many conflict with his own gains and goals.
If the king himself is indeed that kind of person as described, rather than fear of his kingdom being attacked, he would fear that the hero would just mess with his plans, cause a revolt and would eventually overthrow him and his own government because of her sense of righteousness while also gaining the citizen support for it. (that in itself is a threat to the kingdom, more precisely to the current head of state)
As a precaution for that, killing the hero would be one of the appropriate measures before she started doing just that.
Other means would be making a "puppet" out of her.
It is logical to handle any kind of possible threat by means necessary.

And, as for the other head of state... The hero would just indeed become a trouble for them and the world ahead if she is indeed that kind of person. As much as I hate that kind of notion, a single individual with that much power in the whole world would indeed be nothing but a troublesome matter, I think even the hero understand that.( tho' being fine with being executed is a bit too much I think.)
As for why I don't think it's because the hero would start a war... war itself is pretty much contradictory to peace that the hero long for... a revolt is another thing. From the look of it the hero may still be okay with causing a revolt for a good cause, but I don't think she would cause a full scale war. (then again, it's the person who is okay with being executed...)

That is all just an assumption tho', especially the last part.

@Ruhaye
I don't know man, the hero was delusional and dragged down their love with her childish worldview. The sage is just doing what he should have done in the first place, but we all know if he resisted arrest and execution the hero would have turned against him.
I hope the sage, now turned lich will never be able to bring her back to life, because as long as she is a pile of bones he can keep doing whats right.
Justice, eye for an eye is a lot more relatable to me than the hero perspective of hope and care.

Honestly this is an interesting take on the whole demon lord setting. I've seen MCs being evil for evil's sake and MCs being good to stupid levels, but at least as far as I know this is the first MC I've seen being evil for a good and reasonably realistic reason. Let's wait and see where this goes, but at least it's promising.

Users who are viewing this thread