Shokei Shoujo no Ikiru Michi - Vol. 4 Ch. 20

Dex-chan lover
Happy that this has been picked up again, Thank you YoruAozaki!

Can anyone tell me what chapter the anime finished at? I will read from chapter 1 no matter what, but wanted to start read when the translated manga catched up to anime

Dex-chan lover
The MTL is strong on this one... I'm actually full supportive of letting machines solve the pain in the ass that is translating, but you still have to make sure the end result is correct...

I stopped halfway through. I'm just going to wait Yen Press catches up or the second season of the anime shows up. I'm noping out of this manga unless somebody is ACTUALLY translating it, not a machine.

I'm actually full supportive of letting machines solve the pain in the ass that is translating, but you still have to make sure the end result is correct...
The problem with translating is that there's terms that are literally made up for the story. You can't translate that with a machine unless the machine is trained with the author's brain. Since that's not possible... you need to know Japanese. And if you know Japanese, you won't be suing a machine translation at all because any person would do a better job at it and actually try to keep the same terminology between pages.

Dex-chan lover
The problem with translating is that there's terms that are literally made up for the story. You can't translate that with a machine unless the machine is trained with the author's brain. Since that's not possible... you need to know Japanese. And if you know Japanese, you won't be suing a machine translation at all because any person would do a better job at it and actually try to keep the same terminology between pages.
as long as they're consistient, it doesn't really matter if they get the exact terminology wrong. unless its completely off, in which case it is bad.

as long as they're consistient, it doesn't really matter if they get the exact terminology wrong. unless its completely off, in which case it is bad.
The problem here is, if they cared, they would have reviewed the wording in every bubble. Yet, they didn't.

Users who are viewing this thread