Shoujo Jiten

Read this on a whim. I was really surprised with how interesting the story was. Certainly a bit of a hidden gem (well hidden for the time being at least) and I'm excited to see how the plot continues to unfold.

Contributor
So, sad news, but this was last updated in September last year, and the author hasn't written anything for it since.
In an announcement made today, she told us that she couldn't continue drawing manga because of mental health issues. You can read it in Japanese here. (Disclaimer: I read it through Google Translate)

Volume 3 is the last release. I'll be editing the publication status of this to "Cancelled".

edit: woops

Power Uploader
@NZPIEFACE
Not quite, it's on hiatus. I planned to post this after releasing chapter 17, but here goes.

Very unfortunately, Shoujo Jiten (and Kuro Oni for that matter) is currently on hiatus. The author has stated on twitter with an explanation post that the reason is because of a pretty bad slump (productively and mentally) they’ve been having since around the end of last year.

That being said, they also mentioned in the post that they’ve improved enough to not have to regularly see a doctor, with that recent Eve MV they animated being somewhat of an encouragement. Not well enough to continue serialization just yet (if ever), but that’s something.

This is me personally, but I think this is legit because of a slump and not a lack of passion or that they wrote themself into a corner or stuff (the story can still go anywhere, really). I mean, Kuro Oni literally makes them zero money and all those animations (obviously not printable) they’ve made just shows that they’re willing to go the extra mile when possible. This is also their first serialization, so it must have taken them a lot of consideration and courage to ask for a hiatus. And honestly, I’d rather the author take the time to recover so that they can give their works the attention they deserve and not, like, zombie it out.

Just for info, Shoujo Jiten’s latest chapter (17) was released on September 19th with Volume 3 released on Kindle on December 12th. The extra chapter for Volume 3, which must have been written between the two dates, also has an obvious plot hook, unlike the other extra chapters. Kuro Oni’s latest chapter (also 17) was released on May 8th, in 2019 also.

Sorry for the wall of text, just thought I had to give everyone reading this a heads up. I'll be posting this again on the comment section of Volume 3's extra when we get to it.

Power Uploader
@NZPIEFACE
That's okay. I wasn't sure either whether this would continue when I was following this last year. Well, it's not like it's absolutely certain now that it's going to, but I'd say things are looking up.

Maybe they're like Kuon and need to """""accidentally""""" push a girl or two down the stairs or something.

EDIT: Oh, and one more detail. They specifically said that if at all possible they don't want to stop drawing manga, so they'll be doing Kuro Oni little by little for a while as a sort of rehab.

Double-page supporter
I came here to laugh (coz of comedy) not to feel
Damn ninja cutting onions

Dex-chan lover
ive been curious of this manga ever since i bumped into the creator's animation on youtube and it's so great with the storyline and art

Dex-chan lover
So sad this is on hiatus... I wish the best for the author and pray it comes back soon

Double-page supporter
Still nothing huh, hope it comes back soon...

So is this serial got canceled or something?? Cause it hasnt had any news, dont want to keep waiting for something so unsure but undoubtely i miss this manga so much.

Users who are viewing this thread