Shoujo Junrei - Vol. 1 Ch. 6 - The Fateful Day I Encountered God

Aggregator gang
Should've just stayed as a yuri manga, author fucked up lmao.

I've been waiting all this time for a new update :D

Thank you so much for the translation!

Probably some poor disturbed guy reenacting the act of the manga in real-life, nothing supernatural...

Thanks for the chapter.

Dex-chan lover
@Lendemor
I'd bet you're right. Maybe the author will use another obsessed fan as a mirror for Aiko to realize the problems of her own obsession. (And hopefully have a more healthy relationship.)

Group Leader
wait, this contradicts chapter 1 where she says she's never met shinonome shion unless im misunderstanding something

Dex-chan lover
That's only a coincidence... Right? ...RIGHT?

I emphatize with all that stuff about feeling like a piece of artwork was specifically written for you. Especially at young ages when people are more susceptible to be influenced by others. But it requires real shitty conditions for one to develop such an obsession, and at least she didn't become a bad person in the end.

If anything, her cultism (even when gross to the normal person) has truly saved her to a certain extent, but also has rendered her dependent on the ideal image of a goddess to overcome the obstacles. We are no ones to judge her tho, even if the healthiest thing would be for her to be able to overcome life independently having someone to look up to and the motivation to push through your comfort zone are things a lot of "independent" people lack.

The sci-fi themes are introduced kinda late with no real foreshadowing what so-ever as far as I remember. Author might go on that direction if they really want to, but they'll have to make a real effort to keep us interested. This might be an editorial move tho, depending on the magazine this is being published. (I hope is something like Yuri-Hime where artist don't really get axed as easily as mags with broader genres in publication)

EDIT: It's published in Cycomics by Cygames, an app for reading manga for free just like Manga Plus+. So, there's no worries in terms of space-for-print. Popularity is still important tho.

For now I only read 1st chapter but did Aiko already know that Mao is Shinonome? I hope she doesn't this way it would be more interesting

Dex-chan lover
Why is everyone a dick to MC ? I'mat the point where i even wouldn't mind that MC snap and kill one or two bitchs cause they deserve it. Hell, nobody say that MC isn't the one behind the explosion.

Dex-chan lover
Is this actually a Michael Crichton work?

Whatever, I just hope Aiko can develop healthily as a person.

Edit: The artist has a cute style, but it looks like they haven't had any activity since finishing this series last year. I hope they are alright.

The translation on this chapter is super rough, made my eyes hurt just looking at it. Y'all need some proofreaders and a better typesetter

Users who are viewing this thread