Shoujo Junrei - Vol. 1 Ch. 6 - The Fateful Day I Encountered God

@Menchichan

Yeah, a big part of it was me being a slowpoke in getting the cleaned pages to you, sorry about that -- but feel free to poke your cleaner if you need something tweaked to make setting easier (bubbles can be redrawn/expanded if needs be -- I would've happily chipped in if you needed it).

As folks have mentioned, don't be afraid to mess with individual bubbles' kerning/spacing (the space between letters/lines) if you have to. Yes, ideally you'd keep everything sized the same, but sometimes you just gotta cram it in, and those are both a lot better than stretching.

Glad to see you're helping out! I like a lot of the stuff 0mni works on, so I'm glad she found folks to help out with this one!

@Nosebleed Thank you for your suggestions and help! I appreciate all of the amazing advice everyone's given me and I promise I will get better! I'm slowly getting more familiar with the program and what it can do. The only real work I'd done before in anything related to graphics was in GIMP so it's a bit different but I think I'm slowly starting to get the hang of it. Well, I hope I am anyway! I will work hard to improve and hopefully soon we can all enjoy Omni's great work and the amazing skill of the mangaka! Thank you again and I am sorry once more for the shoddy work I did :(

@MintyJulep There's no need to be sorry! The fault and problems all lay with me! I just need to get better and I will work hard to do so! You did amazing work and I thank you for all of your hard work and for your kindness! I'm honored to help in any way I can and, being a fan of what 0mni works on I can't help but be excited to do whatever I can. I just need to get better at whatever I can so it doesn't distract! Thank you!

Compared to everything else that was going on in this chapter this is somewhat minor and I'm probably wrong, but isn't Miki the one Aiko talked to over the phone in the first chapter? From one of the panels in Ch. 1 it seems like her clique turned against or at least cut ties with her at some point.

Anyway, whether she really is Miki or not, I'm surprised has never even been mentioned since. (writing this after reading Ch. 18) You'd think that a character who, for all we know, is Aiko's only real friend besides Mao would be considered important in terms of Aiko's backstory and character development up to this point and would get more focus, even if it's just a few panels every five or so chapters.

Users who are viewing this thread