Shoujo Manga Protagonist x Rival-San (Magazine)

when will they translate chapter 2?, the raw came out a week ago Posted by Gangan Joker

Dex-chan lover
Hopefully they don't make the Rival a bit of a bitch in this one

pre-serialization also had a high starting score then as the manga goes on and the Rival gets more annoying it's getting lower.

I suggest checking the pre-serialization but the progress goes like this seems like it's the same for this manga

> Girl or Guy makes a small progress
>rival appear and use her yandere powers to stop progress
>show how cute she is at the last page even though what she did is kinda creepy

this gets repeated and as you read further you kinda realize that if she wasn't a cute girl and instead of being a guy everyone will hate the Rival character cause some of the tings she is doing is creepy and very forceful

I mean the kabedon in the cover is cute but she do this by forcefully grabbing her away from the guy make this scary face then after that the cute face again if she's a guy and she has done this multiple times.

maybe it gets better and change things up and author gets a good editor so the manga proves me wrong

Fed-Kun's army
the definition of "i love you but i hate you" in history of mangas

Dex-chan lover
@greatninja3 The nastiest thing is that the anime community literally loves scolding shoujo for a bastard boyfriend or BL for demonizing women, but when this happens in yuri, people without any doubt enjoy it, just saying "lol, it's black humor" . How many titles can you name, where the relationship began after the comedic and / or hot portrayed image of a female character was raped by male or male MC broke up a lesbian couple/make lesbian girl bisexual or straight thanks to his passive-aggressive flirting? I saw people who attacked me because of the use of the word "loli", after which, without any problems, ship two female characters with a large age gap.

At graduation ceremony
Prince - "villainous lady you are accused of being rude to the heroine , now die "
Villain -" that's not true "
Prince -" heroine say something , don't be quiet "
Heroine - "um that's um "
Villain -" then let me tell you the truth ,it was I who took her first time , we are in deep love ,ou are just an side character "
Prince commits suicide

@SuperOniichan ....are you seriously comparing rape to someone being misleading with their words in the beginning, but immediately clearing it up with a compliment/their feelings? Are you seriously comparing age gaps (both parties over 18) with pedophilia? Also the term "loli" is used to refer to a girl who looks/dresses young or is actually young, while "lolicon" refers to someone who actually has a romantic and/or sexual fixation with little girls, "loli" is NOT shorthand for lolicon

Dex-chan lover
@JustRyn It may be a revelation for you, but rape is not limited to violence. You ignore a bunch of things like dubious consent, manipulation, blackmail and much more. And if you hadn’t tried to pull my words out of context, you would have noticed that I mentioned pedophilia and Lolicon in the framework of problematic things in general, and not trying to declare it in any way equivalent to the behavior of the characters of this manga. I understand that such a manipulation of my words makes it very convenient to ignore their essence, but you obviously chose the wrong person for this.

@SuperOniichan It may be a revelation for you, but I never said rape was limited to violence. I honestly don't even know how you came to that conclusion based on what I said. There isn't any manipulation, blackmail, or dubious consent going in in this particular manga, so your comment makes zero sense to even be on this manga to begin with. I would have no problem with your comment if it was actually on a manga that contained any of the things you had a problem with, but it isn't. The second part of my comment clearly didn't have anything to do with this manga, as there isn't even an age gap involved with this manga.

Dex-chan lover
@JustRyn There is no manipulation - if I say that something is not there, it will disappear. Lol Dude, my comment was only about one thing - yuri fans love to understand the toxicity of straight relationships, but they are willing to justify anything if it's yuri. And that’s it. You began to distort my words so as not to answer it in essence. I saw how people literally within the same franchise changed their attitude to the same tropes, if not straght ship, but gay was built on their basis.

Did not tell? Your comment literally began with the statement that there is no violence in this manga, so rape cannot be mentioned in its context.

@SuperOniichan Again, if your comment was actually on a manga that was comparable to "where the relationship began after the comedic and / or hot portrayed image of a female character was raped by male or male MC broke up a lesbian couple/make lesbian girl bisexual or straight thanks to his passive-aggressive flirting?" I wouldn't have a problem with it. There is no distortion of your words, you straight up compared what is happening here to rape. What is happening in this manga is no where close to the example you gave and tried to use as a comparison. Take your comment to a manga that is actually comparable to the scenarios you use as examples. If you don't understand how using far more harmful examples or scenarios as a comparison to something far less is problematic style of argument and an actual form of manipulation, I can't help you there.

edit: Also, no where in my original comment did I state that there was no violence in this manga. I said you cannot compare rape to what is happening in this manga.

Dex-chan lover
@JustRyn You continue to take my words out of context, pretending that it was a direct comparison, not generalized reasoning.

@SuperOniichan and you're clearly missing the entire point. You chose to put those examples and your comment on THIS manga. That in and of itself is already establishing a line of comparison. For the final time, if your comment was actually on a comparable manga, no problem with your comment. But it isn't.

Users who are viewing this thread