Shounen, Chotto Sabotteko? - Vol. 4 Ch. 34 - Wanna look back?

Nice little flashback on how they met, was actually really curious how it started but it's nice to see it was fairly normal

Double-page supporter
"Miss"? Is that someone else or is that the boy? Cause I'm 99.9% sure he never used any -san honorifics for her (Besides Onee-san)

@So-chan

I’m really interested in how mangaka will go about JustIfyINg tHeiR Love. Most probably just “in a few years when you’re older, I’ll be waiting” but shounen is in middle school (?) so that’s gonna be a long wait

Fed-Kun's army
Oh it's from the other translator, just when I was wondering why it's not 'Nee-san' and 'Shounen'

@lovehydration If it's anything like the 14-sai no Koi side story, they'll just start dating like it's the most normal the most normal thing in the world and even move in together eventually and everything will be hunky dory, right up until the MC pops the question and it's only then the FMC seriously starts to think about their age difference, but only from the point of view of how large the gap is between them, not that they've been fucking since he was in middle school. It's fiiiine.

In this case, while I suspect the author will probably hand-wave it here too when things start heating up, especially given that Shounen's mom is already trying to set them up, I have a feeling it'll be treated fairly superficially and innocent. Even with Onee-san's personality, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it turned out she has no relationship experience and it becomes an age gap Kawaii Hito but with an abundance of slacking off. Of course, the author could also just not have it progress, but we already know Shounen has a crush on onee-san and he's starting to realize it, so it's only a matter of time before something gives.

Dex-chan lover
More kids needs to be taught that it's ok to get a low grade

Dex-chan lover
Yeah this looks pretty one sided now, but that's cuz it's a flashback. Moving forward I hope she can show a bit more interest, hopefully after he graduates 😭

Dex-chan lover
Thinking about someone and smiling for no aparent reason is a flag. This an adult woman, of course she ain't "crushing" like a little girl lol. she said herself she only saw him as a little brother at first, chill out y'all non believers.

Page 6 "I didn't know his commute went through here". Isn't this implying she knows him already? don't have the raw to compare. It all points out that this is in fact the first time they meet, so i'm guessing this is a mistranslation? dunno.

Dex-chan lover
I'm glad we got to see how they met.

Even if the series started in media res, I like how well set up they are so when we get to the flashback, it feels more wholesome than it would if we didn't know the characters

@lovehydration He's in his last year of Middle School and he's close to graduation. High School in Japan is only three years-ish.

It's not that too long.

Users who are viewing this thread