Shounen no Hatsukoi wa Bishoujo ♂ deshita - Vol. 3 Ch. 14

Dex-chan lover
Fuck this shit. Jesus christ, why do Japanese mangas have this stupid obsession with ending on "And then they still didn't get together... or did they?". Does anyone enjoy this? Is this to boost number of doujinshi ? Bwah

Edit: The more I think about it the worse it is, they didn't even satisfactory resolve the plotline of the male MCs past complex, like how did it change his relationships with women/cute men/crossdressers. Ehh

Fed-Kun's army
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I WANTED RYUU TO BE MOAR AFFECTIONATE. I GET IT THAT ISNT HIS CHARACTER, BUT MUH SHIP

Dex-chan lover
Yeah I definitely want to see Yano/Ashahi together the most, after seeing "them" in the author's other manga lol.

Contributor
Well, I guess this isn't the worst ending. I wish I could read Japanese for the extras on the mangaka's Twitter though. I think there was a pic of the two guys in Asterism meeting their counterparts in this manga (I think, from context), and I would like to see more of that.

Maybe they will have another series where they reuse them again. Kobayashi Kina extended universe.

Dex-chan lover
I thought it settled things just fine between MC and Ryuugasaki. Setting aside whether he’s open to falling in love with another guy in the first place, he is aware that MC’s feelings towards him are complicated. That comment of how long he’ll remain the girl MC first fell in love with is pretty much addressing the MC’s worries of how his own feelings could change once Ryuugasaki’s looks have faded. As much as MC tried to distance himself from Ryuugasaki, the latter also had a barrier put up to protect the two of them emotionally in such a scenario since he truly did cherish their relationship.

MC saying he was a boy but still looked pretty made Ryuugasaki so happy because it shows he’s moving on from that idealized first love in his memories to directly acknowledging Ryuugasaki as he’s always described himself; a guy who likes to look pretty. It shows that the MC has put down his emotional shield, that he’s only attracted to him because of his past complex making him think he’s a girl and that he does feel attracted to him in the present. In return, Ryuugasaki pretty much up and says that he’s willing to try falling in love with MC too if he truly wants to pursue such a relationship with him, just in his own teasing way.

All in all, whether the love is successful or not (I mean, why not, given the tone of the story) isn’t as important as the fact that they’re able to open themselves up and show their vulnerable side to the other.

Ryuugasaki through the entire story: "You're gay, but it's your problem, we're only be friends"
Ushiwaka in the last chapter: "Okay, we're only friends, but you're still cute"
Ryuugasaki: "OMG what is this feeling, am I gay now? Okay, let's try being something more than just friends in the future!"
Seriously, it was a story about Ushiwaka trying to accept things and get in peace with himself, but in the end the most problemed one was (and still remained) Ryuugasaki. A big freakin disappointment of an ending.

Users who are viewing this thread