Shounen no Hatsukoi wa Bishoujo ♂ deshita - Vol. 3 Ch. 14

Aggregator gang
Man, the author could've done so much more, but guess I can't blame him for it, anyone would be stumped for ideas at some point, but I hope he would make more amazing series, and spinoffs of this one, AND give them a direct and satisfying ending

Dex-chan lover
I'm not saying it's good ending, but it's was clear as day for a while what kind of conclusion this manga gets. I'm surprised people really expected some kind of clear conclusion. Except of couple secondary characters there wasn't even actual romance out there, just some vague implications.

Double-page supporter
Man Uzuki's case just comes as grooming to me. For tradition he had to cd and since he doesn't have any masculine figures around he would naturally succumb to the guy calling him cute constantly. I don't know how others could not see tis since we are shown that he is more agreeable and timid than the others. fridge horror

@nazukixkurumi
you need to get with women more. this insecurity in your sexuality is due to desperation and can delude you into liking things you wouldn't like similar to post nut clarity. Its all dick down there and you are okay with it then welcome, if not then again get with women more.

Group Leader
Eu não acredito final aberto, e só uma escrita do futuro, a meu autor de merda, fazia os casais ficarem juntos, desgraça e depois quer apoio para a próxima obra, povo que comprou o último capítulo devem estar chorando pelo dinheiro perdido ,Quando eu estava desenhando o capítulo final, minha assistente me disse que eles gostavam da distância atual com seu relacionamento, então isso me tranquilizou. "

Encontre um novo assistente, por favor, realmente encontre pó,

Just doesn't sit right with me.
Feels more like the group is gaslighting Ushiwaka because Ryuugasaki apparently can not be treated as anything other than a perfect being.
And Ryuugasaki beating around the bush like that seems more self serving than anything. Just leading Ushiwaka on instead of giving him an honest opportunity to move on.
It's just proof that Ryuugasaki revels in Ushiwaka's confused feelings and doesn't actually care for his well-being. Funnily enough, the hallmark of a narcissist.

I get that they're High Schoolers and as such, their emotional maturity is about on the same level as a rock.
However, the way that all of this is presented so innocently, and especially having the gaslighting be presented as a "good" thing just doesn't sit well.

Also, lmao, inconclusive ending as usual with these kinds of mangas.

Dex-chan lover
@Edgecutter: Thing is, though, hasn’t MC always said that he’s not in love with Ryuugasaki and just wants to be with [real] girls? And I believe Ryuugasaki was the same way in insisting that he’s not interested in men. That’s the distance they’ve both mutually set up between one another with no progress having been made to change that status quo. Likewise, Ryuugasaki teasing the MC about being attracted to traps is another implicit “contract” of sorts between the two since, for as much as he complains, he still sticks around. It’s an underlying message in their interactions that they both do value their connection as friends, with the teasing and complaining being part of the package. It’s the same thing as swearing at your friend and calling them an idiot for doing something stupid and laughing over it. If you don’t do it yourself, fine, but you’ve surely seen that sort of dynamic somewhere before. It’s just that the one between Ryuugasaki and MC has some romantic tension bubbling underneath.

And you’re talking about Ryuugasaki not letting MC moving on, but it was the MC himself who’s always refused to when Ryuugasaki has asserted from the beginning that he won’t give himself to anyone. MC was in denial of his feelings and constantly struggling with them, but everyone, you, me, and the characters, could all see he still held something like a torch for Ryuugasaki. It’s just been relegated to little, “safe” banter all this time, though, with neither Ryuugasaki or MC himself choosing to directly confront this aspect of their relationship. The original issue here was caused by MC seeing all the other pairs getting closer together ,which caused his desire to try for Ryuugasaki to flare up. When Ryuugasaki did the usual banter of telling MC that it’s okay to admire him, but that he shouldn’t expect to get into a relationship with him because he’s not interested, that hurt MC and made him want to deny his feelings more strongly by saying he’s not cute/beautiful. Inserting my personal interpretation here; Ryuugasaki knows that it’s not true, that he is attractive, but he could feel that MC was blaming him for his attraction towards him and rejecting his desire to be pretty so that he doesn’t have to confront his own feelings of attraction.

The conclusion to this issue can pretty much be summed up as MC admitting that, yeah, he’s attracted to Ryuugasaki and Ryuugasaki saying he’s open to the idea of being romanced by the MC if the latter wants to. Ryuugasaki wasn’t leading MC on. Quite the opposite, as the fight started because Ryuugasaki kept telling MC that he doesn’t want the D and is just into cross-dressing because he likes to admire his own looks and the MC getting angry and rejecting him harder than usual because he was dissatisfied at this distance he couldn’t cross over. What MC wanted all along was a hint from Ryuugasaki that it’s okay to get closer.

And of course Ryuugasaki is a narcissist. That’s been established since the start.

@KeiosKod

I get what you're driving at, and I do think that banter should have almost no limits. But some things you don't really bant about, and this is it.
When banter over a subject that hits emotionally so close to a person, that it gets indiscernible from friendly banter and psychological manipulation means it should at least be done in a limited manner, if not a barred subject.

Ryuugasaki is very well aware of Ushiwaka's feelings, and so is the man in question himself aware as well. To then make light of his emotional state, and toy around with him is indicative of either 1) emotional immaturity, 2) lack of empathy for his well-being, 3) A little bit of both.
This is what I mean when I refer to Ryuugasaki as a narcissist. Not the cutesy, anime "Oh look, he admires himself too much in the mirror, he's so quirky" narcissist, but in the full-blown "he manipulates those around him to feed his own ego" narcissist.

Of course, them being so young means I'm more leaning to "This guy is a social idiot" rather than "He really just doesn't give a damn about his childhood friend as long as he gets something out of him."
As long as they're both behaving honestly, it's all good and well, but I got a gut feeling from experience that tells me Ryuugasaki isn't exactly doing that.

But at the end of the day, they're both fictional characters, made as reflections of the author's thoughts, so real life experience may not necessarily apply here.
Toying with someone in such a vulnerable emotional state, in terms of romance, just comes across as more mean-spirited than friendly banter.

On the flipside, Ushiwaka is as much of an idiot for lashing out at his surroundings instead of getting himself under control and making calm, well thought-out decisions afterwards.
But again, you don't expect this level of maturity from a 17-18 year old to begin with, I suppose.

Dex-chan lover
Personally I think the ending is ok. I am happy with all the characters except for Ushiwaka and Ryuugasaki. I do not think they ended with a good distance between them at all. At best I thought they ended as acquaintances. Its been a long time since they have known each other and I would liked to see maybe even just 2 chapter just focused on them two getting to know each other again and just acting normal with each other. I really didn't like Ryuugasaki's arrogance at all. The character says its just teasing but again I didn't feel like they were close enough again to do something like that. I also didn't like how everyone just assumed that Ushiwaka likes Ryuugasaki. Sure there is definetly something there, but constantly telling him he is going to confess doesn't help at all.

Other than those two, I found all the characters great and enjoyed reading about them.

Thanks for translating this manga!

Even though this was not the best ending we got but at least it was a good one and maybe hope for this series to continue since their everyday life is fun than the romance.

Not a terrible ending but the main duo really never went anywhere. Most of the manga was about the side couples so there was almost zero development.

This honestly doesn’t feel like an ending at all. If the author picked it up again and started making more chapters it wouldn’t feel like it had intruded on the conclusion. A thoroughly disappointing ending to an otherwise good series. It didn’t feel like any of the relationships or character arcs were finished.

The end was just a little change in their relationship but was a nice one to see, the type that makes it seem like things are going somewhere. And Ryugaasaki was so cool in that "win me over" scene!!! I wasn't ready for the end but it was a really nice story to read, thank you for translating 💙

Well frankly speaking it was okay ending i know it might sound weird but main character is still straight so i doubt they could become a couple or anything more
then close friends.

Alot of people who didnt read whole thing. Ushikawa loves Ryuugasaki, he even kept the trap's photo in his necklace for years. That's the point whole story was pin point from beginning to end. The whole " i will never in love with you " was a denial cause he couldn't came to term with his feelings and sexuality.

In this last chapter, whole things tied in very well. Ryuugasaki admitted he loves Ushikawa too with " if you win me over... ".

It was a satisfy ending for me. I also liked seeing author commentary at the end of stories. Seeing their intentions is interesting. I'd also like to see more author adding a segment about what they imagine the couples would be like in the future at the end of highschool stories.

Users who are viewing this thread