Shouwaru Tensai Osananajimi to no Shoubu ni Makete Hatsutaiken o Zenbu Ubawareru Hanashi - Ch. 5

Dex-chan lover
It's funny when some people read a yuri work, and turn their nose up when it displays sensibilities and priorities that are otherwise typical of romance for girls and women. Those sensibilties and priorities are not 'good', but a lot of readers seem to harshly scrutinize yuri works that are similar to e.g. shoujo romance, due to a poor understanding of yuri's evolution as a genre, and a sort of passive assumption that it's meant to satisfy male readers first and foremost.

I find it odd to lament that Komaki Umezono is not like a kuudere waifu or a manic pixie dream girl for straight boys. Like, it makes way more sense to analyze her in the context of creepy love interests in yuri: e.g. Mei from Citrus and Hotaru from Netsuzou TRap. Her almost supernatural ability to be better than Wakaba at so many things, combined with her possessive behavior, is meant to make her unnerving and frustrating.

That this is a "tsundere romance" that was accidentally contaminated with "rapey parts" is a misunderstanding. Wakaba is not a character who responds with anger when approached in an innocuous way. She responds with the appropriate amount of frustration to her rival's attempts at provoking her and pushing past her boundaries. And while Wakaba does not understand her own or Komaki's true feelings, Komaki has also convinced herself that Wakaba could never love her, and that she is just too stubborn to abandon their rivalry. Komaki trying to take whatever she can from Wakaba before the latter finally pushes her away, and Wakaba risking her own boundaries to prove Komaki wrong, is the very core of this story.

Your criticisms otherwise boil down to this story failing to be realistic or a healthy/wholesome type of yuri. Which would make sense if it was trying to be either of those things, but that's obviously not the case.
Look, I gave this story a shot, because I like the enemies to lovers trope.

You're absolutely right in your analysis, but it doesn't make it something I enjoy or otherwise can characterize as "good". Thinking of sex made Wakaba outright panic early in the chapter and then she's okay with risking that situation by getting naked with someone that has assaulted her multiple times.

I get this is toxic, I get this is fiction, but when I get into a romance story, it's for the romance. It's obvious from the first chapter these 2 have feelings for each other, but this is outright unpleasant. This is no better than the pushy guy in shoujo "staking his claim" (in fact, it's the same) or a guy falling in love with his rapist in a yaoi.

Now, I can agree that this gets to be what it wants and, really, I want no part of that and I am no longer reading this, but I am not necessarily looking for wholesomeness.

But in something as grounded as romance, something that is relatable even in the farthest of sci-fi romps, yes, I am looking for a modicum of realism. Characters being consistent and their feelings being understandable to even the smallest degree is good writing to me. Even you agree by your post that this is unrealistic.

But ultimately, I don't want to root for an abuser. Komaki is incredibly unlikable, and I could not fathom putting the person I love through this. Call me pathetic if you want, I'm out.

That being said, I don't think there anything wrong with liking any of this or that any of you are bad people, just wanted to pitch in my 2 cents. I always like a good discourse when I feel strongly about something like this. And I doubt anyone feeling the same way I do tried reading past the first 2 chapters.

Thank you for listening to my TED talk.

Fed-Kun's army
The best ending for this is Wakaba find someone other than Komaki, Komaki is just to stupid. If she love Wakaba all she need to do is confess. Why TF she need to do all those think before ( stealing the sempai that Komaki likes ). And now she tried stealing all of Wakaba first ? FK off, Wakaba deserve better.

Fed-Kun's army
Like, she did, then Wakaba told her she doesn't believe her.
Cuz that thing in the past already happened, that makes Wakaba turned like this. She think that Komaki having this twisted personality because of her. You can see that Wakaba want to destroy their current relationship.

She just accepted all of Komaki chalengges just because she felt guilt about turning Komaki this way. Imagine you trying to befriend an insecure kid and because of that she turned into someone that looking down on other.

And then without knowing anything that same kid confess to someone that you love just to dump them ?. What a joke

You should know all of this happen because Komaki. And Wakaba didnt deserve this. Imagine this happen to you just because youre kind to some kid on your elementary school.

Dex-chan lover
I love the concept of hate sex so much. The hate slowly melting into horniness that you need to get out of your system. All the "hate" you have leaves from your lower half and you realize that person you hate is the person you love.

Thank you for the translation (Wakaba's petite body is so attractive. And Komaki's boobs and butt are very bubbly and beautiful).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread