Show Me Your Bust - Ch. 29

Dex-chan lover
So did they forget about the right hook? Seriously, why is she fine after that right hook?? We didn’t get to see why the brown haired girl freaked out over the kiss.. plus she also pulled a Batman…Why wasn’t she this strong when she was dating that other guy?
Because that asshole was her learning experience...the hook was clearly a trigger reaction and you and can see our blue-haired MC absolutely realized that after having gotten hit. The whole flashback was an explanation as to why she instintively reacted that way when somebody suddenly tried to get down with her.

You say that our brown-haired MC 'wasn't that strong when she was dating that other guy' but not only did she continuously turn him down, while not hitting firm (at first) - she learned throughout her experience and DID fully kick him when he actually got hands-on and tried to attack her blue-haired friend.

Dex-chan lover
So did they forget about the right hook? Seriously, why is she fine after that right hook?? We didn’t get to see why the brown haired girl freaked out over the kiss.. plus she also pulled a Batman…Why wasn’t she this strong when she was dating that other guy?
"Why wasn't she this strong with the other guy," is a question you could ask anyone in an abusive relationship. She clearly has/had some hangups with that guy and that relationship brought out a diminutive side of her.

"Freak out over the kiss," I think subtly is what's happening here. Although, honestly it hasn't been that subtle. This chapter should make it clearer that Woo Hui has some complicated internal issues with either her sexuality or her feelings for Kang Ji-Ho. I don't think they need to explicitly say the reason for that reflexive response. The rest of her behavior in the flashback and present is enough of a hint.

Dex-chan lover
One of my favourite things about this manga, is how the artist draws Woo-hui's glances, facial and body expressions. They are - for lack of a better word - very expressive. If you didn't pay close attention to her glances, then you've been missing an awful lot of subtext. The manga doesn't need to tell you how she feels, because it can show it instead.

You can always tell how she's feeling in that moment. Like, when Ji-ho talks about Yeon-woo, or her ex, she avoids looking her in the eye, and looks into the void with a slightly annoyed expression, Meanwhile when she is very interested, but doesn't want to show it, she keeps looking away, but glances/stares Ji-ho from the corner of her eyes.

Whenever she has her boobs touched by Ji-ho, her body language is just as honest. Even without the SFX, just from how she curls her fingers and bites her lips, you can tell, that she's feeling it.

In this chapter she avoids Ji-ho's eye, when they talk about finding a date for her, suddenly feeling very uncomfortable with discussing this in front of Ji-ho, but then she just keeps glancing at her anyway.

Yeon-woo is almost the opposite of Woo-hui, in this regard. She always hides behind a smile, and you can never read any emotion from her expression. And because of that mast, it feels like she's always teasing people.

Ji-ho, and Sun-deok is just way too forward for this. Their expressions usually match their words, except for when Sun-deok is trying to seduce Ji-ho. And that's hilarious, because of how much she over does the whole body language thing, and Ji-ho still not noticing any of it.

One of my favourite things about this manga, is how the artist draws Woo-hui's glances, facial and body expressions. They are - for lack of a better word - very expressive. If you didn't pay close attention to her glances, then you've been missing an awful lot of subtext. The manga doesn't need to tell you how she feels, because it can show it instead.

You can always tell how she's feeling in that moment. Like, when Ji-ho talks about Yeon-woo, or her ex, she avoids looking her in the eye, and looks into the void with a slightly annoyed expression, Meanwhile when she is very interested, but doesn't want to show it, she keeps looking away, but glances/stares Ji-ho from the corner of her eyes.

Whenever she has her boobs touched by Ji-ho, her body language is just as honest. Even without the SFX, just from how she curls her fingers and bites her lips, you can tell, that she's feeling it.

In this chapter she avoids Ji-ho's eye, when they talk about finding a date for her, suddenly feeling very uncomfortable with discussing this in front of Ji-ho, but then she just keeps glancing at her anyway.

Yeon-woo is almost the opposite of Woo-hui, in this regard. She always hides behind a smile, and you can never read any emotion from her expression. And because of that mast, it feels like she's always teasing people.

Ji-ho, and Sun-deok is just way too forward for this. Their expressions usually match their words, except for when Sun-deok is trying to seduce Ji-ho. And that's hilarious, because of how much she over does the whole body language thing, and Ji-ho still not noticing any of it.
You took the words right out of my mouth!

Fed-Kun's army
I'm really liking the taekwondo girl and the short haired girl together

Users who are viewing this thread