Shujinkou Janai! - Vol. 5 Ch. 31

Double-page supporter
Thanks again for seeing this through to the end. It's sad this fun adaption got done in by Axe-kun, but there's always the LN.
Too bad the LN basically ends at the same point and still no volume 4 to continue the story, so you'd have to go after the WN instead.
I'd say that's the most likely reason this ended where it did, no LN content to continue. The next arc in the WN is when the goblin demon lord gets killed, but he already had his part in the LN and manga. The LN turns that arc into a side story to finish volume 3 told from the perspective of a completely new set of characters, with a different ending since the goblin is already dead.
If volume 4 ever comes out, at least there's a chance for a sequel manga to continue the story. The side story would probably work as a good refresher/introduction for the sequel too.

No idea about the japanese for Mana's line at the end but if the translated line given is as straight as possible with no interpretations to try and understand what she's saying, it makes perfect sense
when you find out way later on that she's the protagonist Rex has been looking for, also reincarnated into the game world just like him.

Dex-chan lover
Sad to see this manga adaption end & I enjoyed it for all it is worth. Hope the artist do another series since I like the art. Thanks for translating the remaining chapters after it got dropped by the previous group.

Dex-chan lover
damn. here i thought i had found a lasting series which does things differently. even if the MC still stayed on top of the known story all along, it still felt rather fresh to me. a shame we got what clearly feels like an axe, but thanks for the translation anyways.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for completing the series.

As others have said, it would be great if the author ever decided to continue writing the story, kinda feel bad for the adaptation artist in this case.

Dex-chan lover
You can join our discord server if you want! (On our discord server you have the link to the novel (not translated by us)
https://discord.gg/Zwvm6fSFNv

I hope you enjoyed this beautiful story!
Tell me, what do you think about this "ending"?
this "not ending" smells like the manga got axed suepr hard, it's a shit ending.

due to the shit sudden not-end i'm downgrading my vote to a 6, this does not deserve more

Dex-chan lover
thanks a lot for translating this, since ive discovered the manga, i begun to read the WN ver and i have to say, the way they combine meta-gaming and min-maxing to the story, is what i enjoy most from this story

i reccommend to read the WN/LN if you can

if you curious if rex is even be able to get stronger...

he finally achieved his target in min-maxing his stats, like all of his stats are 1, but his Magic is maxed out
however his mp is 0 so he cant use any magic, so he have to resort on using consumable staff to use magic, with deadly result
and since his hp and vit are the lowest, he become a glass cannon that also cursed himself to avoid leveling-up

the way he succeed in min-maxing is also quite ridiculous involving manipulating game event and increasing favor with the new dlc girl
since he also finally found out mana is the main character and the isekaid high-school girl, he can even begin manipulating the game event since the event only progress if mana is in the event location

tough i have to say, the way the author write and narrate his stuff is kinda mean for the reader, its quite unique for me
i have to admit, his april fool chapter is mean for the reader lmao, the author really got me there
and i cant count how many time i smacked the table due to the twist lol

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
What do you mean END the story isn't finished !?
Tanks for the food till there T.T

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for finishing the series. Yep totally rushed ending to bait you into buying the novel.

Sadly there's too many of this specific "subgenre" for me to pick ( the "I'm reincarnated in a game, but as a side character") so not going to buy this one.

Dex-chan lover
We made it but I feel like this wasn't the proper place for it

Dex-chan lover
So how did this arc end in the ln? Shame about the axe
The same, but without the "perhaps the main hero was the main hero we made along the way."

It feels like it's going to continue the story, but just hasn't. There's more WN, but for whatever reason publishing the LN has paused.

Aggregator gang
I was dreading this day to come, & in all honesty...not the worst way to end things. This is definitely a "now read the visual novel" ending but it wrapped up better than other series I've seen in this nature, especially glad given I really liked this manga. Was glad to enjoy the ride here. Thanks for the translation!

Users who are viewing this thread