Shujinkou Janai! - Vol. 5 Ch. 31

Dex-chan lover
The real main character is the friends we made along the way.

Imo, it's a good stopping point, it wraps up the arc nicely like a decent 24 episodes anime adaptation. It is a miracle that it went this long at this quality, a lot of adaptations the artists are not feeling it and doing it as side hustle.

Not terribly bummed since the LN is licensed, did my part paying for subscription.

Assassin's Pride, though 😭

Thank you for your hard work🎉

Dex-chan lover
There's no point in reading the novella. There's not an ounce of fanservice or romance in the entire manga. Everything revolves around leveling up and solved by Deus ex machina. But the artist is good.

Dex-chan lover

Read Chapter 1 and watch her behavior now that you have hindsight. Even if you ignore the bonus chapter at the end as non-canon, she still knows too much, and she's too excited. This is the definition of a plot twist; when a new piece of information re-contextualizes what you've seen up until that point.
I take a look at the first chapter. The main character save a student so he died. Is the student he tried to save is Mana? Also I guess that is also why she is quite fine with her hometown getting destroyed.

Dex-chan lover
I take a look at the first chapter. The main character save a student so he died. Is the student he tried to save is Mana? Also I guess that is also why she is quite fine with her hometown getting destroyed.

yeah the student is Mana, she's actually a miko who served some kind of god
why both of them isekaied into that world is due to the god's power, so in the first place the god never granted the mc wish, but the god granted the student's wish, thus he's never the main character in the first place

this also related to the event with the sword saint, actually the sword saint never intend to address the elf girl, but he wanted to address mana instead

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
yeah the student is Mana, she's actually a miko who served some kind of god
why both of them isekaied into that world is due to the god's power, so in the first place the god never granted the mc wish, but the god granted the student's wish, thus he's never the main character in the first place

this also related to the event with the sword saint, actually the sword saint never intend to address the elf girl, but he address mana instead
That’s quite a lot of plot twist and the story is more complicated than I thought.

Dex-chan lover
That’s quite a lot of plot twist and the story is more complicated than I thought.
tbh, im not sure if the sword saint confronting mana because she's a miko who served a god or simply just because she's the main character and trigger the event with him

i have a feeling, there's possibility the god who mana served is actually evil god, thats why the sword saint feel there's wicked presence from her (or simply just because mana can summon the hero sword)

if this the theory is true, then dang, we're gonna have a field day with this

Dex-chan lover
What about the WN’s situation? Any hope there?
the wn is much further. Besides the
Mana being the hero reveal, he's actually playing the remastered version where exploits like infinite spawns are fixed, lily(male) being rewritten due to player feedback and saintess mode being implemented.
The author wrote a new section relatively recently, but they seems come in pop out a dozen chapters then go missing for a year again.

Dex-chan lover
Damn, it looks like serialization ended and forced to make a rushed out last chapter. Nothing escapes the all mighty axe-kun.

Dex-chan lover
Axe, or LN bait? The story is pretty decent so I'm leaning towards LN bait

Double-page supporter
I liked how in this one there wasn't some secret order that was trying to speed up the world's doom or anything.

MC could actually help spread stuff to get people stronger without worrying about giving it to bad people

Dex-chan lover
damn axe combo plus ln advertisement manga adaptation kicked in hard thats a rough finale but I really did enjoy the series and thanks for the tls.

Maybe I'll go check out the novel now.

Users who are viewing this thread