Shuukan Shounen Hachi - Vol. 5 Ch. 36 - He's Too Excited

Contributor
Understandable, i would be angry too if all my work was for nothing.
I see Yasaka point too, but he need to face reality if he ever want to become a pro one day with regular releases.

Group Leader
@YamiryuuZero bat Sempai has her own work though. Best she can do is advice.

Though he also has his HS friend too.

She pissed that the past few days are for nothing if they redo it.
That notion is wrong upon itself:
* As long as you can absorb the experience like Hachi, redo never wasted work. Yes work itself is scrapped, but you can experience and can possibly start to draw faster.
Not to mention at their current rate of not going all out, they are going to lose. Wouldn't losing make all of the days for naught even more?

Power Uploader
Whatever the case, 17 pages in 3 days with only Ran to help him is just not gonna work, especially when they're already tired. That'd be harsh even for a pro mangaka…

On another note… what was Mikeya doing there? ?

Dex-chan lover
Something that's really underrated with this (like most Eiji stuff) is how he can go from such silly, stupid stuff like Mikeya sleeping on the side of the road to completely serious and heavy panels like when Mikeya gets serious. Keeps things very fresh.

As someone who works in a creative field, this is pretty relatable. There's this strange mix of defeat in knowing you have to redo your work but also a drive to make it that much better. Rising up to the challenge and delivering something even better. Helps when you love and enjoy what you do. Otherwise it would drain the life out of you sooner than later.

This chapter raises a really good question:

"What's the point of improving if you don't make the deadline?" vs. "What's the point of making the deadline if I'm not satisfied with my work?"

Food for thought. . . .

Dex-chan lover
i'm agreed with panda here.

there is always a feeling that you'll do it better (and you probably will) when you're doing a creative works if you rework or scrap it, but then it will never end. you'll always find a spot you want to add more and more or improve it better.

considered the only 3 days deadline left, it is much better to finished the last 7 pages then rework it page by page. if you still want to do that.

try to rework all the 17 pages from such a short time is foolish imo

Users who are viewing this thread