Shuumatsu no Valkyrie - Vol. 18 Ch. 74 - The Feelings Which Connects Us

Group Leader
kinda feel this one dragging out. Tesla has to die this round so lets get to it.
Not really, it's the best of 13 matches so Tesla is still able to win this fight without ending the story.

Fed-Kun's army
honestly I have mixed feelings about tesla's backstory,it's a classic "feels" back story, but as a serbian I know a lot about tesla (he was born and lived in croatia,but both of his parents and grandparents were serbian,even though some sources tell otherwise,I'll try not to get political lmao)

his life and childhood was a lot of different from this backstory,and no one mentioned him dying alone, broke,most likely depressed and crazy

Dex-chan lover
Ain't no way a 5 year old can do that. Even though the manga get formulaic i still don't get bored and still sad after watching the flashback.

Tesla's backstory is cheap, cringe, and empty. A shallow attempt to be emotional and engaging. It doesn't help sympathetic pasts have been a recurring theme these past few contestants. Run a joke a dozen too many times, and the punchline starts to wear off. At the very least, make it good.

Now I'm not going to pretend I know Nikola Tesla's life story and accomplishments, but at least from what I know, its translation into ROR could've been more interesting than what we got.

Dex-chan lover
Tesla's backstory is cheap, cringe, and empty. A shallow attempt to be emotional and engaging. It doesn't help sympathetic pasts have been a recurring theme these past few contestants. Run a joke a dozen too many times, and the punchline starts to wear off. At the very least, make it good.

Now I'm not going to pretend I know Nikola Tesla's life story and accomplishments, but at least from what I know, its translation into ROR could've been more interesting than what we got.
Yeah.. Sometimes when I'm in a bad mood, reading the forced emotional chapters in the series is legitimately difficult, especially when it's so predictable... I think I only quickly skimmed over Beelzebub's backstory because of that same reason.

Damn Tesla put down some heavy death flags with his talk about living on after death through science

Dex-chan lover
I'm reading this not for Historical Knowledge that's like a freebie that I get when reading.

People are so mad that the Flashback is cringe and whatnot. I honestly couldn't care less about the historical accuracy of the flashback. They could late show Rasputin in a wizard hat and id take it no questions asked. If we're just showing real flashbacks with 100% historically accurate then I think non of these guys will be as lovable as they are.

Get over it. its a battle manga.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
He's so optimistic that its very catching..... I think I agree with his ideology a lot.

lmao, having known more of the actual history on nikola, this is pretty cringe. The guy ended up going crazy and died in an apartment filled with jars of piss
You are reading this site thanks to Nikola Tesla.

You would go crazy much faster if you were in his situation.

Dex-chan lover
You are reading this site thanks to Nikola Tesla.

You would go crazy much faster if you were in his situation.
As much as he was an amazing innovator, he fell into madness. It'd be more interesting if this manga integrated that part of his history into the manga

Users who are viewing this thread