SHY - Vol. 13 Ch. 109 - A Good Morning of Fishmongers

Dex-chan lover
her ability is to make you relive your ptsd? a guy countered magneto with that once iirc

Dex-chan lover
@fadingbang

Almost no native speaker of English uses “weaved”.

“I weave”​
“I wove”​
“I have woven”​

Non-native speakers should create tables of all the forms of the strong verbs, and keep these tables posted in their work areas.

Dex-chan lover
They really did it huh
tumblr_nks4zibxey1qg4blro7_500.gif

Double-page supporter
Thanks for the translation! Shadow's 'true' identity hasn't been revealed yet, has it? I wonder if she's like the remains of Shine's conscience

Group Leader
@fadingbang

Almost no native speaker of English uses “weaved”.

“I weave”​
“I wove”​
“I have woven”​

Non-native speakers should create tables of all the forms of the strong verbs, and keep these tables posted in their work areas.
I told my translator that and also googled a bit which confirms your opinion.

It seems we follow US conventions more than UK or International, therefore it is correct in that terms, but I really liked the "I have woven" as replacement in that dialogue though my team said it's not a big issue so we are gonna leave it as it is

Although if anyone else also thinks it's "very" weird we will go back to it and correct it

I am an Indian, therefore we here follow UK based conventions more but as I am a newbie in scanlation, I leave such matters to my team more (with whom I share no background or relation before)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
It seems follow US conventions more than UK or International
I'm as American as they come. Moreover, American English preserves older features of the language more than does British English. For example, in America, we normally use the past participle “gotten” where the Britons have moved to “got” for the past participle. (American English is both more innovative in how it adds to the language and more conservative in how it treats what is already present.)

I said “almost no” rather than simply dismissing “weaved” as incorrect because it has a degree of acceptance, but it will somewhat jar all the well read native readers. Whether it is very jarring is your call.

Translation into an Indian dialect of English would be rather interesting. I used to encounter American students who complained that a teacher from your nation couldn't speak English; I'd tell them bluntly that she spoke perfectly good English, just not an English of their dialect.

Users who are viewing this thread