SHY - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - Heartless

Double-page supporter
I like this subversion in how his attitude is unchanged in the new revelation of Shy's powers.

Usually, when a newbie/weak hero(ine) shows off their new skill, the cold hard-as-nails teacher is slightly impressed, cracks a rare smile, admits there's potential, et cetera. Take Aizawa-sensei from MHA. We all know the scene: Midoriya doesn't impress him with the new 'Super Power' Quirk he has and how it destroys his arm. When Midoriya uses only his finger instead of his whole arm, Aizawa is rather impressed with this and doesn't expel him from UA.

But Kira here? No, his reaction is a mere "Oh. Okay. You can use fire." and continues beating her down as if nothing happened. He's hardly fazed by revelations, and even during the Heroic BSoD(?) he isn't shaken enough for her to get a good hit him and shock him. I don't know why, but the fact that he's tougher than the tough guys really appeals to me.

Dex-chan lover
Their power is derived from emotions which means she and most women would be strong as women are more emotional even in their logic they favor subjective over objective. This does not mean all women are like that nor does it mean that one is always using subjective reasoning all the time.

I can kinda relate to Stardust, but in a different way, in the moment, yeah I can fall to my emotions and understand others' in a deeper way, but through hindsight and foresight, I am completely puzzled at the actions of others when due to emotions, or I project myself as (I guess what might be) my ideal version of myself, I guess I've maybe learned enough about how my emotions to accurately predict my actions in relationship to my emotions to be talking about them in this way.

"She used too much power"
-the guy who pushed her to use all her power

Man, this guy's shades must be completely opaque because he can't see more than two feet ahead

Dex-chan lover
Firstly...I guess the mangaka thinks Britain is permanently stuck in the Victorian era. What is with that lantern and little bridge aesthetic?

Secondly... fire is a weird choice for an introvert... but I guess she is only an introvert in her civilian guise. Her Mahou Shoujo form is Hikaru from MKR.
b6a8d8daee98b8e550808ad1e2171fca.gif

Fed-Kun's army
Firstly...I guess the mangaka thinks Britain is permanently stuck in the Victorian era. What is with that lantern and little bridge aesthetic?
Older areas with more history in Britain and elsewhere do try to preserve the aesthetic by maintaining old structures like that bridge and gas-lamp style streetlights (Just wire them up internally like any other streetlight).

Plenty of streets and bridges around that look like that still

Users who are viewing this thread