SHY - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - Heartless

Ah, come on, fire? The most boring and unimaginative powers ever? Surely the author could do better than this. I hope there's at least some kind of twist in it as burning people down isn't how I expect someone like Shy to go around solving everything.

Dex-chan lover
@RaimundoBruno well Fire has always had two side ether destruction or life depending on why myth and legend you are talking too. plus I doubt she'd be burning people her fire comes from passion and not from rage but yeah let's see my guess is it has healing properties for those people that get's turned by the ring that's my prediction anyways.

Heartless, heartless! Never out of control
Heartless, heartless! Sin in the name of rock and roll
Heartless, heartless! He thinks it's so cool to be cold...

@greatninja3 Yeah I was thinking of something along these lines. Maybe her flames/heat activates positive feelings or memories in the nearby people like what happened to Stardust. It would allow them to fight the ring's influence themselves. The fire motif is still really boring to me tho

Dex-chan lover
@RaimundoBruno
Have you watch Avatar the last air bender where Zuko only think Fire as a thing that burns or destroy?
It explained in the episode that,
Fire (火) could means
Life, Warmth, Energy

That already proof some of her personality,
Shes full of "Life" in her "Eye", "Energy" from her way of doing something, "Warmth" from her kindness.
Its a shounen trope of a personality but you wont know the meaning until you actually do some research.

Dex-chan lover
I'm glad that she actually managed to hit him in contrast of him just changing his opinion based on feelings alone.

Dex-chan lover
"She is pure and naive". Well duh, you need to have some degree of naivety and goodness to be a hero.
"She used too much power she isn't accustomed to". Who the hell pushed her to do it?

Contributor
Well, i like him actually.
It would be boring if everyone was too happy, we need some hero like him.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder how she will be able to use fire to save people and also man that fire design is amazing, shit looked like electricity or a beam of energy coming out of her fist

Dex-chan lover
The first punch was literally a fire bending pose

The super power that Shy really deserves is a gun

Dex-chan lover
Every time I read the word 'heartless', all I can think of is Kingdom Hearts. When are Sora, Donald and Goofy gonna make their appearance?

Users who are viewing this thread