SHY - Vol. 2 Ch. 9 - Stronger

Dex-chan lover
She won't say "love", she will say "baka"
With hair as black as her heart tied in two tails
She will unleash unjust violence and verbal abuse on you
Twintail Tsundere.

Dex-chan lover
So the theory which tells that her friend becoming a hero is debunked.

Dex-chan lover
@Jkoplo Yeah RIP hopefully author doesn't forget about the friend and leaves her to never/barely be seen again OTL

Dex-chan lover
So Stardust x Russian girl is a thing and MC x friend is happening, nice nice lmao I actually liked if Russian girl was into shy but that obviously wouldn't happen since she's ALOT older than her and Im guessing she see's her as a little sister or something lmao

oh shit I just realized that the friends leg was healed but not her eyebrow cut which is actually interesting cause i thought when she transformed into demon mode that everything was healed but I guess it was only the leg, either way I'm glad her cut is still there since it makes her unique and looks really nice too

There wasn't much to talk about in this one right? What was so funny about what Koishikawa said in the end?

Well, having one here for each country sure leaves space for a lot of possibilities. Just hope the author keeps doing a good job on creating interesting characters for each one instead of going for the easy/stupid solution of following country stereotypes. Please no Soccer/Samba Brazilian Hero or Italian Pizza Hero please. Also, any German/Swiss here to tell me if those names are legit or just something the author thought a German/Swiss name would sound like?

Dex-chan lover
@dokidoki she probably can have powers considering you can get powers by recommendation just like the nurse hero that was scouted by stardust. well as long as they have available slots but let's see cause she'd be an annoying character who always needs saving if she has nothing special about her she can't really join the action.

Unless as you mentioned she'd be barely seen again and will be available during the down time or slice of life parts of the series.

Actually, I like the idea of the (girl)friend not becoming a hero and keeping on being just emotional support at least for now. Not everyone needs to be a hero or needs powers to be someone's hero.

Dex-chan lover
Ah of course, twintails = Tsundere.... gotta follow the basic rules XPPPP
Also cute AF that end, keep that friend closer! she's special!

Double-page supporter
1. I wonder if that casualty count will increase soon...

2. I actually like that the friend won't be a hero. Despite the usual negativity that non-hero characters in fiction usually get (namely Lois Lane), I actually like non-powered emotional support

3. Russian girl x Kira FTW

Dex-chan lover
This is cute. But man the pressure she's putting on herself
Many thanks

Fed-Kun's army
Never thought that the twintailed superhero would be the Swiss one. Interesting.

By the way, a question about her name, "Pilse Dunan", for the translators: is that how it's spelled? Her surname in particular sounds very close to "Dunant", as in Henry Dunant, the founder of the Red Cross (who was Swiss too).

"you don't deserve to be the hero of Japan!"

"don't worry, she has harsh words, but it's only her way of pushing you. She's saying to have more confidence in yourself"

...because that truly inspires confidence in people...

@algoz That's the best way to inspire someone. The people that tell me that the subject matter I'm studying is too difficult for me are super inspiring. I wanna rub it in their faces that they were big dumb idiots that didn't know jack shit. People that tell me "you can do it!" give me "meh" motivation. Haters and naysayers are the best motivational fuel, pretty much every successful individual (whether athletes, actors, scientists, comedians, etc..) agrees with this sentiment.

Dex-chan lover
@Baroona You know Stardust just beat her to death while saying the same thing ? I don't really see the point to have someone else saying her the same thing. She need a bit of emotional support, not a sassy twintail girl trashtalking her. It's a manga so it give her conviction but i swear that if 2 people in a row just straight up tell me i'm trash, i will start to think the same. There is a difference between sugarcoating and show just a bit of compasion. Twintail girl is just mean for being mean here. It's because Stardust act like an asshole that she should do the same. Every Hero is different, luckily the other girl is here to give her moral support because Twintail clearly not helping.

Eh... For that to happen @Baroona requires the person being trashtalked to have a modicum of self-respect. Shy has... almost absolutely none, every action she takes and every rationale she uses has other people as the underpinning of her motivation and self-worth. So telling her she's worthless just reinforces what she's already thinking. A better way to have gone about it was to point out her inadequacies and tell her that if she wants to be a hero she'd better shape up.

That said @Lilliwyt, she needs a certain amount of confrontation, she's going to have to grow stronger, become decisive, and her friend is never going to give her constructive criticism to help her grow, she's SHY's biggest fan after all. At this point it though I'd say the interplay between the two attitudes is definitely pushing her to be better. One points out the flaws she has, the other shores up her self-confidence and helps to remind her to temper their advice with her own beliefs.

Users who are viewing this thread