SHY - Vol. 8 Ch. 63 - Inside the Superego

Contributor
I guess the “hand on chest” pose is to show where the heart is? Since it’s a major theme and all.

Dex-chan lover
098.jpg

It's horrible, but sometimes is unavoidable. To protect the sheep, sometimes you must kill he wolves. If I have to choose between the life of a innocent child and a rapist pedophile, for example, I would choose nthe child with no hesitation. How about killing a single dictator that can kill thousands of people? Sometimes you need to do a single math... There are people who can deal with that, and accept that reality and others who don't. Mai had the skills to do what was necessary, but not the mental fortitude tô endure it. And that's why she broke.

Lmao the last page going to the cover with " hand on chest" pose. Nice chapter though

Fed-Kun's army
I just remembered. Will Mai die if she gets her heart back ? Because if she is like the mother of spirit, she is already dead and will disappear after her redemption
Sad for Ai

Double-page supporter
Yes, she had wrong upbringing! We knew, since the beginning!

Dex-chan lover
@Wowkin No, Mai is still very much alive just consumed by her own darkness and the emotional trauma/PTSD of being an assassin.

@exxp It's nothing to do with having a bad or wrong upbringing. It's the realities of what it means to be an assassin who protects the world (murdering people for the greater good) conflicted with her naturally gentle personality and all she could do was suppress her emotions until she eventually snapped and suffered an emotional breakdown. It's got nothing to do with her having a bad childhood, she has severe PTSD.

Dex-chan lover
@GLFanatic those are very "easy choices" sometimes the line between good and bad is blurry but ninjas aren't heroes, they're paid to work in the shadows and kill if necessary, they don't pick their targets.

@Serenata In real life ninjas were mercenaries, yes. They were professional assassins hired for money. In this universe, this manga is different. They are supposed to deliver justice and fight evil. Not everyone would consider it easy. it's still a human life... How about a child soldier that is about to open fire upon a crowd of civilians? Someone will have to gun him down to save many... Like the first kill in American Sniper... If you gonna go down this path, you must have the mental resilience to not lose yourself.... Mai didn't have it even though she was powerful and that's why she turned out this way.

Also I know your profile picture character.

Dex-chan lover
I didn't the hand on chest pose was that common in the manga until it got pointed out lol. Mmh.. I don't wanna look and reaffirm now... I just hope that's just a thing that only Shy does, it makes sense for her.

Dex-chan lover
If Shy doesn't put a ring on that finger and become room mates by the end of the arc I will be fairly disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread