Sigrid - Ch. 49

Dex-chan lover
Let me refresh my memory. The emperor hates his own children, especially the crown prince, right? As the previous chapter mentioned, when Sigrid seemingly goes to the west to assist them, everyone will assume that she is siding with the crown prince. Let's see how this goes.

reu

Dex-chan lover
Why would anyone pair Sigrid with Veramude, when the clearly more superior Morris is still in play?
Because Morris will just lay there and take it, while Veramude will be constantly bucking for control
Even the mage dude is better than Morris, he's actively aiming for the top where he can stand next to Sigrid and help keep her innocent world view safe from the machinations of the nobles(and her neck safe from the guillotine)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Because Morris will just lay there and take it, while Veramude will be constantly bucking for control
Even the mage dude is better than Morris, he's actively aiming for the top where he can stand next to Sigrid
He was clearly conflicted, about the succession. Wanting to be a good brother and son when the weight of obligation is on your neck is a difficult act to balance. Veramude is a deep as a puddle at this point flashy but as boring as every other walking possive bad boy trope.

reu

Dex-chan lover
He was clearly conflicted, about the succession. Wanting to be a good brother and son when the weight of obligation is on your neck is a difficult act to balance. Veramude is a deep as a puddle at this point flashy but as boring as every other walking possive bad boy trope.
Bad boy? Maybe in their first few encounters, ever since he's been legitimately horried that Sigred is going to get herself killed(again, though he doesn't know that) and has been helping her flourish both as a swordswoman and as a high ranking member of society.
He's a friend, a teacher, a love interest who's been pushing to get through her thick skull while keeping her head on her shoulders and a colleague who respects her skill and her way of being.
Deep as a puddle? What is his relationship with the prince? They're tight as thieves, but Veramude clearly doesn't trust him as far as he can throw him. What are they planing, what is his personal angle and how will he keep Sigrid safe from the royals?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Why would anyone pair Sigrid with Veramude, when the clearly more superior Morris is still in play?

Because when the big monsters come after Siri, Morris won't be able to do anything.

He doesn't have the political power, connections nor cunning to handle the Emperor.
He isn't strong enough to actually help her against literal monster like that giant in the west.

At best he's emotional support, at worst he's more bodies she has to protect.

Dex-chan lover
Let me refresh my memory. The emperor hates his own children, especially the crown prince, right?
Instead of hate, it is more about the king wants to have the power until he dies to the point that even if he abdicate, the next king must be his puppet. The crown prince who wants to be "independent" is an eyesore.

At least that's what i catch from how the emperor act.

Dex-chan lover
Idk how this thought came to my mind, but I thought of the emperor sending her a calzone instead of a letter and Sigrid being all puzzled lmao. It made me laugh more than it should have. Idk why, but I find it hilarious.
L26stsL.png

Aggregator gang
Because when the big monsters come after Siri, Morris won't be able to do anything.

He doesn't have the political power, connections nor cunning to handle the Emperor.
He isn't strong enough to actually help her against literal monster like that giant in the west.

At best he's emotional support, at worst he's more bodies she has to protect.
Nah, just watch. Morris gonna get his core in next 25-50 chapters. He gonna get his powerspike soon. I don't know but praying for it.

Users who are viewing this thread