Silent Lover

I love the art for this. But yeah, some things are weird. Honestly I’m leaning towards strong dislike for the Prince. He tortured him and that is not right. 😤🤬

ITS CONFUSING BUT I STILL LOVE IT SOO MUCH THAT I RE READ THE CHAPTERS BETWEEN NOW AND THENNN AND AS ALWAYS THANNK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK (◍•ᴗ•◍)❤( ˘ ³˘)♥(ʘᴗʘ✿)

I thought the prince discovered his gender the very first night? I though they really were sleeping with each other, since it was kind of implied. But now Chen is surprised he might have discovered. :O That is kind of confusing for me. xD

I’m just stating some explanation that I told myself while reading this story, so the story would make more sense:
Chen Yu is under 18, so he could be a late bloomer, so his masculine features haven’t been showing yet, but more child-like, girlish look.
Chen Yu is probably received no education ( dirt poor) and a kid who live with a mom, so he may not know much about different gender genital. Plus, Uhm that family probably cut his thing ( 😬)
The prince, Zhen Bei could be gay n sexual frustration, part of the reason he is so cruel n sexual compatible, lead to Love our pitiful Chen Yu.
Zhen Bei probably already figured out Chen Yu is a boy, but not saying anything n also hide that fact from everyone else.
This story setting was in way back when high social position people had absolute power over people like Chen Yu (servant, disability)
Chen Yu was bullied and abused since he was born, plus the society n environment he lived in. Zhen Bei is the only one consider good to him besides his mom.

Group Leader
Oh, my God, this garbage is REAL!!! BWAHAHAHA

Ok, so why am I here, definitely NOT being a BL reader (not planning on becoming one either). This work is Chinese plagiarism gone INSANE. A BL artist went right in, like a beast, and stole a popular Josei webcomic's art!!! From the same publishing website to boot!!! This is legit insane, I love it!!! Ratchet to the core. This whole story is like a dollar-store version of a luxury brand. Next time you copy, dear artist, at least try to do a good job. Hilarious.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

@Mims lots of Chinese manhua/webtoons look like this though. Could they have copied? Sure. But I think it's important to note that many, many Chinese manhua/webtoons have this art style/aesthetic

@JustRyn I agree. Plus, it's not especially about the art since the styles are pretty different in both. The historical setting and tropes have been overused not only in webcomics but in the manhuas that preceded those as well. I have seen this imagery so many times (type of makeup, rival slapping, throat grabbing, illustrated snake, etc). At this point in time, nobody really owns those tropes and they only serve for the guilty pleasure of readers. You wouldn't really go around chasing the number of people who use the exact same scenes in different popular and not-so-popular isekai webtoons and light novels due to the exact same reason, that a cliché has been established.

@saru8687 I think, from their tone, they're just here to look for a reason to rag on BL. Just look at what they wrote:

"Ok, so why am I here, definitely NOT being a BL reader (not planning one becoming one either)."

If this person has read as much Chinese manhua as they claim to have, they should know, already, that plenty of them have similar drawing styles. The fact that they're ignoring that is very telling.

Must also be one of them people on IG/Socials who claim copyright on "composition" or "pose/Filers" etc....

From an artistic perspective none of those images look relatively alike... literally nothing.
Textiles/hairstyles/poses are all different
Shading is different

:( bruh

Honestly this cover brings out even the smallest of sadistic tendencies in a person wtf. I mean LOOK AT IT.

Dude, I read some spoilers and now I’m fuming!

ML is a total jerk, he will pretend to fall for a scheme from Wangfei and Emperor and will throw MC away while accepting a male prostitute Wangfei arranged as a replacement. MC, poor thing, will try to prove his innocence by becoming a slave, but to no aval. In the end he managed to get money enought to buy his freedom from ML and entered the palace. If anyone know about what happen after this, please, share with me!!

This is the first Yaoi manga, well manhua that I read, came across it actually on another manga website and the art's cover drew me in, I thought at first that Yu-er was a female from the art cover (I did not notice the shounen ai genre or read the synopsis lol) and decided to read it. Started reading and found out immediately that Yu-er was a guy and this was a shounen-ai manhua (haha) but the art was just too good and the story intrigued me enough to continue reading. Glad I did because I'm hooked! Very interesting story, haven't read anything like it. I'm genuinely enjoying it so far. Also Yu-er is so pretty, I sometimes forget he's a man.

Genuinely curious, am I the only straight guy who's reading this and actually like it?

@Keiran where did you read those spoilers from?? Is there a novel for this manhwa?

I read up to ch20 in the raws and didn’t see anything like that and now I’m worried 😨

There is a novel for this. Based on the description, seems like the first half of this story will just be heavy angst, whereas all the lovey-dovey stuff will fill up the second half of the story.

I suggest yall save more chapters and binge them in one go if not the palace politics are going to frustrate you to no end.

Double-page supporter
It’s hard to say but based on what i read. Most BL manhua has this art style as if the Chinese Government regulated it so.

With the exception of Hong-kong manhua, manhua in general have little diversity in art style and manga still rank multiple magnitudes above Manhua as being wildly creative as if comparing a hyper-mutated virus with an old turtoise.

Users who are viewing this thread