Silver Mountain - Vol. 4 Ch. 36 - PART 4 - CHAPTER 4: The Frazetta

Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jul 17, 2023
Messages
584
The idea of the spirits acting like magnets is inspired. I love this kind of world building
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jun 9, 2018
Messages
1,780
The imagery of this manga is so striking, that I kinda have to know where it all comes from
Fujita sensei is a veteran mangaka at this point. His previous works were mostly urban fantasies that draw inspirations from various real worlds myths and locations.
But this one is, I guess it's High fantasy? Basically isekai, but with master mangaka at the helm. So many unique concepts and magics.
 
Last edited:
Group Leader
Joined
Jan 6, 2019
Messages
116
Well it's possible he named the ship after the artist Frank Frazetta, and the island after Philippe Drulliet, so that's some potential inspiration you can look at. I get hints of the darker sort of kids' fairy tales illustrations too, like Arthur Rackham eg...IMG_3504.jpeg
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Aug 21, 2023
Messages
1,386
I used to watch some of the worldbuilding/magic system essay slop video on youtube but actually seeing the unique one in an actual work of fiction is totally unreal.
 
Double-page supporter
Joined
Apr 12, 2026
Messages
184
A sexy female warrior on a ship named Frazetta. Yeah that checks out. will there be an arc with people wearing tall funny hats in a city called Mobius?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top