Silver Pole Flowers - Ch. 1 - This is a Pole-Dancer

Aggregator gang
A manga that involve sex industry on mangadex? If there's a drama tag the score would be below 7 and plenty of plebs commenting on how shit this is.

Dex-chan lover
OK... I'm sorry, but I have no idea what's going on because the translation is all over the place and sometimes I have no idea who's saying what about whom.

Double-page supporter
"Your pole dancing skills are bad, you are disgrace to the family" Why do they make this sound like some shitty shounen battle manga?

Translation is incredibly poor from start to finish. Entire last segment lost its meaning, Hana saying poledancing didn't need to be reborn into a sport because her mother was a fine dancer and Karin not accepting Hana's style of poledancing, ending with them declaring that their favored version of poledancing is the most beautiful in the world.

The conversation at her store/restaurant was incredibly confusing when it shouldn't have been. Not sure why there was a need to insert so much cussing into the translation when it doesn't fit the dialogue at all.

Fed-Kun's army
I admit the translation kinda confusing, hopefully it will get better. I have to look at the raw to understand what the character said.
For example, at page 19 and first panel on page 20, the raw says
"ふざけんな!!"
"アタシはダンサーだ!!"
"こんな所で踊るようなプライドのないやつと" "一緒にするな!!"

Which roughly means :
"Don't joke with me!"
"I'm a dancer!"
"Don't put me on the same level with the one in this kind of place, who dancing without a pride!"

Do note that neither Japanese and English is my main language, so this probably incorrect too 🙃.

Dex-chan lover
Following this with the hope that the translation improves over time.

I think its interesting, pole dancing is a beautiful thing and just full of lot of hard work. Its more than just something "sexual" or to satisfy men/women. Its still a form of dancing, the story seems interesting enough, I hope the translating improves, and the story picks up.

Group Leader
The typesetting on this is so good, it took reviewing the other group's scan to realize I wasn't having a stroke while reading this. Good job typesetters and cleaners!

Users who are viewing this thread