Issho ni Kurashite ii desu ka? - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - What is a Pole Dance?

Dex-chan lover
I'm really digging this shameless way of showing different lifestyles. Usually these are bit of a taboo to show in any type of series, with only as some minor- or sidecharacter's plot development or way to just add color to them.
Now I'm not saying that either paid dating or strip club is bad, both of them require skills, attitude and aptitude for them.
I'm just saying that at this point this manga doesn't mellow these workstyles off or paint them in bad color. It just show them what they really are, ways of life.
And even if these things are socially uncomfortable topics you have to remember that:
1. There are sugar boys
2. There are male strip clubs
3. This is safety net for some and chosen career for others.
It may be uncomfortable for teenagers to date older adults but it is hard for teenagers not to fall into them in high-density cities where there is a lots of adults around them and remember, it is always the adults at fault for paid services from minors.
If you want to get rid of these things don't go and ban all of them from working but to show and open other career and work opportunities for them even if you come at a loss. And even then you might see some that remain because they don't genuinely mind their work or even love it. And for those it is easier to just make sure that they are protected financially, mentally and structurally for future careers.
Adult work is not bad and help minors for better future because they are literally it.

Dex-chan lover
Dex-chan lover
How did that lady get past the door without realizing she was at a strip club?

Dex-chan lover
Man, her art is good but I realllyy don't like how she writes the protags, this just seems like domestic na kanojo 2.0 with less incest (probably?)

Dex-chan lover
You were expecting date! BUT IT WAS ME! "Job hunting"!
images

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Dex-chan lover
Wish the best looking girl wasn't a stripper so I wouldn't have the conflicting feelings of "She's a whore" and "I love her"

Dex-chan lover
Wish the best looking girl wasn't a stripper so I wouldn't have the conflicting feelings of "She's a whore" and "I love her"
The first step to recovering from having a "Madonna Complex" is recognizing you have one. Accept that women are complex sexual beings who are neither saints nor whores... kinda like men. It's possible for them to have many different aspects to themselves or approaches to sexuality. The quiet and reserved may have a kinky side; those wild extroverts may actually be quite timid in bed. Once you realize this, you'll be much better off as you won't make assumptions and just approach people as they are.

As for the "I'll sue you!" lady, even in the West it was common until the last 20 years to do business at adult clubs/restaurants... this is only a recent change. Still though, its surprising that they wouldn't run it by their management first that it would be ok to do so or that the lady didn't recognize ahead of time that where they planned to meet was such a place. It seems hard that they could just "surprise" her with it.

Dex-chan lover
The first step to recovering from having a "Madonna Complex" is recognizing you have one. Accept that women are complex sexual beings who are neither saints nor whores... kinda like men. It's possible for them to have many different aspects to themselves or approaches to sexuality. The quiet and reserved may have a kinky side; those wild extroverts may actually be quite timid in bed. Once you realize this, you'll be much better off as you won't make assumptions and just approach people as they are.

As for the "I'll sue you!" lady, even in the West it was common until the last 20 years to do business at adult clubs/restaurants... this is only a recent change. Still though, its surprising that they wouldn't run it by their management first that it would be ok to do so or that the lady didn't recognize ahead of time that where they planned to meet was such a place. It seems hard that they could just "surprise" her with it.
But I mean, she's literally whoring herself out. Being a whore isn't exclusively intercourse related. Stripping makes her a sex worker. Even if she just sees it as work and nothing else, all the men there are using her and the other women for sexual gratification in one way or another. Girls selling nudes on onlyfans for example are whores even in they aren't having sex with their... consumers.

Dex-chan lover
Man, her art is good but I realllyy don't like how she writes the protags, this just seems like domestic na kanojo 2.0 with less incest (probably?)
the term you're looking for is inseki since natsuo wasn't blood related to either hina or rui.
How did that lady get past the door without realizing she was at a strip club?
lmao yeah, manga logic

Double-page supporter
First a sugar baby then a stripper.
This manga sure knows how to empower women.:haa:
At the same time, I feel like it is presenting these both in generally more mature ways than most manga do. It's definitely trying to be a more grown up harem, though it's debatable if it hits the mark

Double-page supporter
Ehh, i want author to show / develope more about the sugar baby one before jumping to the next FMC, but author and editor got their own reason i guess
Got to bounce around and establish each girl before anyone gets too main characterish I guess

Double-page supporter
earlier chapters weren't censored either. so it's probably because it was a sexual harassment scene and not intended for fanservice.
That's a good point and one that a lot of manga gets wrong. If a scene is supposed to be uncomfortable or bad, don't make it sexy.

Users who are viewing this thread