Silver Spoon

sometimes it's not the mangaka fault, it's the publishing. Whatever the reason is, this is not the first mangaka who had done this. CLAMP is also notorious for putting their manga's on hiatus for quite a long time, while making a new manga. At any rate, I read the news online and I have a feeling that they are trying to wrap the manga nicely so as not to make the ending too rushed. There's a huge possibility that we're at 3/4 of the manga already. Who knows? /shrug/

Thing with Silver Spoon, is that people seem to be forgetting that this series used to be a weekly one, compared to how Fullmetal Alchemist was originally published back in the day (a monthly one), I still think to this day that the pressure of doing a weekly series vs a monthly one is perhaps something that Arakawa couldn't fully control on her own, either.

This, with the constant sickness of one of her relatives, and her own health reasons (I mean, one of the hiatus the manga had was around the time she was pregnant)... doing an adaptation of Arslan Senki, and doing constant research for this (her own) series, WELL...

I mean, I wish the series could finally end. I think we have been in the climax (I mean, I remember it was announced that the series wasn't that far from conclusion... and the cast already graduated from high school, IIRC), for quite a few years already. I want to see Hachiken succeed with his business, and all that, but...

(Tbf, CLAMP is a whole can of worms I wish I couldn't open... because I don't think I can compare their cases with Arakawa's)

Was turned off by the summary, since I hate the 'city slicker goes to the country' trope; but I ended up reading it anyway since it's Hiromu Awakawa and I don't regret it.

It's a great read, too bad I just realized it's on haitus, probably due to Arslan. Oh well, it leaves off on a spot that wouldn't make for too bad an ending anyway.

The next chapter has been scanlated but can't be read here due to JB's upload policy

http://sensescans.com/index.php?topic=5137.0

What's the total number of chapters? Baka-Updates says it's still ongoing, but other internet sources (as well as mangadex) say it's concluded? How many chapters are remaining?

man there's literally three chapters left, hope they can get scanlated soon enough
i really just want some closure on this amazing story

Chapter 129 is already out, but I guess you need to visit their site to read it...

Dex-chan lover
honestly, i didnt expect this keeping me on my bed for so long. that was one hell of a ride. it was bright outside but by the time i ve finish ch 129, its dark. wtf.

Dex-chan lover
Just binged this over the past few days.

Just. 2. Chapters. Left.

I believe in you sense-scans. You Can Do It!

Please...

So close...

So cold...

Contributor
@wintermist sense-scans actually just uploaded a chapter but it's on their site, not sure if they don't want it on here or what

Double-page supporter
Damn the last volume cover is a masterpiece. That Komaba's back view is so sad cause he cannot finish his high school life.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Users who are viewing this thread