Since I Became a Commoner, My Engagement Was Broken! - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

i thought this was gonna be another angsty "im different than my family so they hate me" trope. glad to know her family right now arent douches and actually love her for who she is. kinda worried about the appearance of the other girl in the near future. i hope their relationship would be all fluff and adorbs and everything.

also, just a guess: what if they do turn out to be the best of friends like what @IrregularPerson said and the family just adopts both of them bc ann's original family all died in an accident lol ok ik im stretching

edit: i just came back from the main page to comment and look for spoilers and damn... idk go look at the spoilers yourself HAHAHAH

Dex-chan lover
Man I couldn't tell apart Anna and Sarah on some pictures...

And gotta say, not a fan of fairies. Kinda wish some nice person like this guy
artworks-000216925975-23aenn-t500x500.jpg
would cull their temperaments a bit.

You guys think her family will accept her after knowing the truth when the title is literally telling you she becomes a commoner and gets her engagement anulled lol

Dex-chan lover
@sopya_aa weeps. this could have all been fluff, author-san, why you got to do me dirty. I do adore some of those spoilers, but I wish my curiosity didn't get the better of me

@Notesha
There is no doubt that it's normal as I said in my previous comment. This is completely subjective but to me, it doesn't seem like love, it's more like fear of the unknown (what to do if everything she has known so far is not true) which, again, is completely normal but it's just boring. I know this doesn't often happen in real life but I like 180 degree changes. If she had said "I've never been accepted and people always looked down on me so maybe this is an opportunity to free myself from this life and seek a different type of adventure"...that is the kind of stories I life. Being all "I'm not happy with this life but I'm hanging on to what I've grown accustomed to just because it's familiar" is realistic but boring.
That's just my preference. Someone else could like the realistic aspect of it.

Dex-chan lover
I don't predict happy feelings when reading the rest of this story somehow.

Spoilers for future chapters
I think the reason I hate these type of plot lines is bc the noble parents never care about the ramifications on both children of suddenly ripping them away from the only family they ever knew (the og noble child) or abandoning the child they did raise.

And the future chapters of this one seem to be no different. The face mc's Foster brother shown her when they were reunited with his birth sister is genuinely disgusting. The way her Foster family just threw her away is disgusting.

The way they ignore their original birth daughters wishes (from what I can tell) in the most recent chapter despite how much she misses her Foster family, is so unbelievably disgusting.

And the entire premise kind of flies in the face of anyone who is in a family that isn't all blood related, as if the only true tie is one of blood relations.... I'm gonna see if I can look up more spoilers for the novel itself in a minute but gosh this is just a sad story for me with all those interconnecting elements.

it looks good so far but the title doesnt guarantee a happy ending at all huh

@riflow i want to keep reading but your spoilers😢😢

>A commoner that can't cook by themselves will just starve to death
Everyone knows humans got extinct before they learned to make fire.

>If I hadn't hesitated and laughed away would we have gotten along better?
Yes, it's your fault your abusive fiancé keeps on insulting and mistreating you. So cringe.

>You are ugly, but if you smile then your face will look slightly better!
Can I punch him in the face?

>He's always calling me ugly... but he wasn't referring to my appearance?
Is seeing girls rationalizing their abuser's behavior after one "compliment" supposed to be heartwarming or something?

>*chapter ends with everyone together smiling*
Is it supposed to be an happy ending? With her abusive boyfriend, and with a member of the family that'll throw her away without a second thought?

>*abusive boyfriend being a cute tzundere (e.g. p25)*
Is that the author justifying his behavior? He is like saying "Yeah, he killed his wife, but he was a cute yandere." Is it supposed to change anything? Who cares if he is a tzundere, when he verbally abused his girlfriend? Not to mention that she clearly suffered for that abusing. Stop making him look cute or justified.

>commoners are superhumans
She is surrounded by them, and instead of looking at them to see how they live, she makes up stories as if they were mythical being of the legends.

>to think the commoners have to cook things themselves
Who cooks for your cook? Or who clean the room of your maids? Women weren't that stupid. Does the author really believe that this is how noble women were?

Like, I can understand trash, but how can such a misogynist manga be a shoujo?

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if Anna is her real mother. That would be neat.
When I read this chapted the first time way back when I can't remember if I managed to reach that conclusion, but rereading it this time makes it seem very likely.

Plus it would work a lot better with capricious faries if they only swapped some babies born like a hundred yards apart (not like they'd spend the energy to actually go looking for a second baby anywhere far away).

Users who are viewing this thread