Since I Became a Commoner, My Engagement Was Broken! - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Dex-chan lover
After she was neglected, if not abused, most of her life at that.

I remember reading spoilers for this series a long long time ago.

(what i can remember of mid to late story spoilies for the novel):
if I'm remembering correctly the parents(both sets!) and siblings(again both sets!) continue to blame her for not being the other girl. (which by the way, I don't think the other girl was bad, she just wanted to go back to the family who raised her and really really loves her younger siblings and mum.)

It really disturbed me how fast mc's family, especially her brother turned on her back around the time i read the spoilers. Emotionally of course someone would find it hard to tell their family or be in denial over it. Even an ADULT would find that especially difficult. I really can't imagine reading these stories as someone in an adopted family tbh. Bc a lot of them portray the bonds as rather easily broken.

I dont remember a lot of the very ending spoilers to be honest, bc it kind of recked me emotionally thinking about your entire family turning on you like this and being booted into a just as hostile new environment esp with the author making it as painful as possible. But iirc she meets a sweet dude and gets married and for some reason forgives her non bio big bro for completely rejecting her enough to invite him to the wedding.(goodness knows i dont know how i would)
I also bring spoilers.

- MC gets together with Tsundere Fiancee.

- Annette is not a biatch. She is equally as shocked as MC when she saw how fast her real family dropped MC. She especially admonishes Blonde Onii-sama for dropping MC especially fast despite growing with one another.

- Annette and Tsundere Fiancee get engaged against their will. Both do not love each other, so they agree to a plan where they get engaged for now but will break it off once they graduate. Tsundere Fiancee agreed to this because his parents stop him from having a relationship with MC because of her status. Annette agreed to this because she is actually in love with another noble man.
Ok, one of you two must be lying here...

Dex-chan lover
Ok, one of you two must be lying here...
??? Cernunnos's are literally just the spoilers if you had read them more recently, mine are vague from a couple years inbetween the reading of the spoiler thread on NU and seeing the manga again. im not sure which part you think is a contradiction.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
It feels like the foster brother and shitty foster parent are a bunch of supremacist psychos, they just act offended because the most usefully powers, pure blood related dauther appears and can reclaim their noble status honor with their real daughter (basically can mantain her noble status of only healing powers and kill all the rumours making culprit the MC and the fairys)

Dex-chan lover
I do understand him being angry. But if I found out my brother wasn’t related by blood and he knew about it, I wouldn’t abandon him without talking to him. We still have grown up together our whole life so that is the least that should be done imo. Unless there had been some
malicious intent I would still consider that person family.
He's still only known it for like six hours, so he's probably on a rage rush.

But more importantly, remember that the actual prankster fairy has both spent a whole year whispering things in the "real daughters" ears, bending her soul to her liking. And she has also sent a dream to the parents and brother, quite likely with some mind control magic inside it, since prankster fairys stated goal since chapter one is actually to see how the commoner daughter gets cast out of the family, and I doubt she's above "helping" that happen..

Dex-chan lover
I just binged the raws with Google Translate, this story is phenomenal and i hope it doesnt get axed midway through.

There was a lot of fluff that could have been condensed, but i cant wait to see it all play out in manga form.

Contributor
I also bring spoilers.

- MC gets together with Tsundere Fiancee.

- Annette is not a biatch. She is equally as shocked as MC when she saw how fast her real family dropped MC. She especially admonishes Blonde Onii-sama for dropping MC especially fast despite growing with one another.

- Annette and Tsundere Fiancee get engaged against their will. Both do not love each other, so they agree to a plan where they get engaged for now but will break it off once they graduate. Tsundere Fiancee agreed to this because his parents stop him from having a relationship with MC because of her status. Annette agreed to this because she is actually in love with another noble man.
It's the best impression on your new family.

"Oh, this IMPOSTOR we had in our house and begrudgingly raised? We didn't care about it. We only raised it due to our son wanting to. The moment he wanted it gone, we kicked it right to the curb."

Fed-Kun's army
She have 1 years to resolve herself. But decided to keep deceiving the family.
What an idiot, I'm glad the brother act that way. She kinda deserve it. Even the fairy remind her time and time again.
Wow; how shocking that a 14 year old girl in an abusive home with parents who want to get rid of her is afraid of giving them an excuse to throw her out like trash. You’re right; she truly deserved 14 years of neglect then to be thrown aside. /s

Fed-Kun's army
Yup, as you said, a correct choice for her, not for the majority of the family.
Also, i think her brother abandoned her not because she is not her real sister, but he noticed that she knew but didn't tell him.. how would you feel if your bro isnt ur real bro and he knew that he's not ur real bro? Id be rage.. wtf did u do to my real bro? All this time u were pretending to be him despite knowing that everyone hate u and only i defend you? Because i think of u as my bro, but turns out u r not my bro?
Sorry, speaking from a point of view of someone with siblings.. u can disagree 👍
As someone with siblings I personally I wouldn’t toss my 14 year old neglected sister aside over her fears that weren’t just justified but proven completely correct; but I’m not complete trash.

Dex-chan lover
Wow; how shocking that a 14 year old girl in an abusive home with parents who want to get rid of her is afraid of giving them an excuse to throw her out like trash. You’re right; she truly deserved 14 years of neglect then to be thrown aside. /s
Even my 13 y/o self was more decisive and have more resolve on what should i do. And i grow up in a strict asian family that all western soyboy would consider abusive family

Users who are viewing this thread