Sincerely: I Became a Duke's Maid - Vol. 1 Ch. 35

Dex-chan lover
Alejandro ruining everything for himself but blaming others

Wait, WHAT???!!!!!!!!! LEAVE THE MANOR??!!!! If Ms. Elaine kicks Ibee out I swear to any higher being that exists, I WILL CRAWL INTO MY SCREEN AND CHOKE A B*TCH!

It bugs me that Ibelina keeps hoping that Alejandro and Elenora will fall in love. Elenora didn't fall in love with him originally so there's no guarantee that she'll fall in love with him now. She's more likely to not fall in love with him. And even if Elenora were to fall love with him, Alejandro isn't guaranteed to fall in love with her. He previously fell for her because she treated him well even though he was cursed and eventually healed him, but in this timeline he's already fully healed so there's really no reason for him to fall in love with her at all. He's a totally different person now.

Ibelina is really in a tough place, huh. I think it's good that she'll leave the manor. Ale needs to grow up a lot to be able to stand beside her, or their relationship won't be healthy at all. Thank you for the translation.

Apparently the rebellion will happen because he will not accept the empire and the nobility to disrupt the relationship with her.

the head maid and butler about to dig their own grave XD i hope he back hands them through a wall.

and you know its going to be something stupid like that necklace he gave her years ago. probably while hes away then he comes back either finds out instantly or shortly after returning so finding her is harder.

Double-page supporter
@JakeRay

I 100% agree. It's very cliché for FL's to "hide" their issues/worries from the ML coz of fear of "being more of a burden" to them which imo is old and uncreative. There are so few romance stories that thrive with good communication. Not to mention her belittling Lorenzo's feelings for her coz he's "just a child" in her eyes. This is going in circles. At this point I'm not even enjoying reading this anymore, just to sate my curiousity and hoping that the storytelling gets better.

@Rhodolite

You have a point but Ibelina isn't entirely faultless either. While she understands her position hasn't she been very honest with Alejandro and even telling him what to do when she was taking care of him when he was cursed? Why can't she do that now with telling him about his and her relationship in other people's eyes? Why can't she be firm about it? Why doesn't she recognize his feelings for her and willfully stays stubborn? She doesn't even need to accept them, just recognize them and then tell them why they can't. She doesn't talk to him about these important things anymore and so their relationship is stunted. If she at least tells him what she's going through it will probably get through to Alejandro since he cares about her but nah. The author is insistent with this direction of drama after all.

So gotta say, while I was ready to jump on the head maid back during chapter 32, was glad to see that she understood why the guy was so attached to her, and was willing to listen to the MC about the situation.

That said, it comes off to me as pretty darn hypocritical of our MC here to be so firm in rejecting the guy's feelings when she used to talk about how horrible it was for the character in the novel to not choose him either. I get that she doesn't realize his feelings, but the fact that her skull has the density of diamonds doesn't change how it's starting to get irritating how hard she's refusing to acknowledge his feelings, not that she has to respond positively to them I just want her to realize them and respond in some way.

Sorry my english but... Did you notice the face that Ibelina shows when she is thinking about Alejandro and the heroine falling in love together? and later is worse when she thinks how they both lose their only chance to go in a trip together before he meets the heroine because he will then "forget about her". I think she likes to have so much attention from him but she also hates the rumors because it will cause trouble for both (she sometimes even would tell how many the days were without seeing each other) and leaving the fact that she is a maid (with a possible secret past, like she having imperial blood) maybe she believes Alejandro will go after the heroine no matter what because of the novel.

Alejandro obviously is childish to think about others perspective because he was 14 years isolated (with days or even weeks of pure pain) and only 3 years living a more "normal life" (as normal as a life of a heir and duke at that young age could be, who also has to study half of the day to catch up for the isolated time) and Ibelina would never think seriously about falling in love with other person or having a nice life, she only wants to see Alejandro happy (in love with the heroine or at least alive by the end of the novel). I think she knows that Alejandro could let her live her own life if she truly asked for it, is just that she doesn't really want to. When she think about looking for a husband or something like that is because that it would be better for Alejandro but never says to think that for her own good as she also want to stay close to him.

My point of view from the earlier chapters are gone now, MC is damn jelly with the heroine of the novel. She knows it, she just doesn't want to admit it.

@seebas you got my vote for your comment

Dex-chan lover
@scarlet_summer It's fairly clear the author wants to go the Ibelina x Alejandro route, but wants to go through a lot of drama and obstacles before she can reach that point. Which is likely what the target audience wants to read anyways. This is no different from the makjang/melodrama genre of Korean TV dramas.

Dex-chan lover
Someone in that house apparently takes his potatoes very seriously.

CMON GIRL U GOTTA GET THAT FIGHTING SPIRIT UP!!

Also look into Ibe's past, perhaps she has some noble blood

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme that's a good point. perhaps i shouldn't have said "kicked out" and instead use "driven out". because i'm sure ibelina would end up leaving on her own if sh*t REALLY hits the fan in her eyes, even if it's against alejandro's wishes. (i mean, she does have a tendency to not actually listen to him in any significant way so ‾\_(ツ)_/‾) who knows we'll just have to wait and see why she leaves

Users who are viewing this thread