Sincerely: I Became a Duke's Maid - Vol. 1 Ch. 39

comments are rowdy today! so many conflicting opinions.

I vote for separation! They're too co-dependent on each other that there's no other purpose in their own lives.

Continue to glare, please.

And that was a heavy conversation with the head maid. I can't wait to see Alejandro's reaction when he gets home. He'll be furious.

Why... are people mad that the 5-year-old princess was scared of Alejandro back then? She was literally just a child.

Also, Lady Elaine made some strong points. It would look like Ibelina groomed Alejandro due to how much he favors him. And tbh Alejandro is kinda stupid to not realize how he should’ve been discreet with all his moves. He may be untouchable but Ibelina isn’t. Sooner or later, his enemy will see Ibelina as a target that they can use to hurt him.

@Nicolausx09 I literally agree with everything you said in your comment. While adults being scared wasn’t really right but she was just a kid so it makes more sense. And yeah Alejandro is definitely acting stupid rn.

TBH I would also be scared and try to run away, though saying monster was too much, must be her parents teaching her such manners. Though may be due to my strict parents, some words not meant to be said are actually taught early (nobles especially from high-ranks that wander outside to not offend)

But from her face, I say she could be forgiven as long as she is not a snake like Irene from that manhwa
Really wanted to see more of Ibelina's life, its like "Oh *sob* Alejandro just suffered, aight, Imma go and go over there without even caring for family who gave me a room and phone to grow up with," like its just a side detail buried (foretelling the future would be a better alternative paired with amnesia so no buried, revolutionary info dormant)

I can’t believe FL is gonna just leave like that. She was at the very least promised a 🏰 in the countryside.

Fed-Kun's army
Goooooooooood, she is so incredibly dumb... xD as if he would just go on and everything would get fine... xD

And that "literally just a child" called him a monster, doesnt matter if she was a child, if with 5 years you are already depraved enough to call someone monster just because he looks a bit different to you (and not even much, no 2nd face growing out of his first or some shit), than there is already much lost...

Fed-Kun's army
While the princess’s action back then might be explained or even excused, it is perhaps not unreasonable for Alejandro to hate her. From Ale’s point of view, she is someone who came out of nowhere just to hurt him more even though he was already cursed. She was perhaps a spot of hope for him to escape the shitty life he had, but not only was she unable to help him, but she also called him a monster.

It must have been even more infuriating to see such person living a carefree, happy life. I know I would have.

I am starting to like Lady Elaine more than the male and female leads. She is level-headed and surprisingly caring. What she said might sound harsh but it is true. Her long years of experience allows her to see the situation as what it truly is instead of seeing it through the rose-tinted glasses, as evident by her firm grasp of the house’s situation. Yes, the handsome young lord being in love with a lowly maid might be romantic and dreamy, but it can and likely will be bad for both parties when things go south.

And I do believe that she has the best interest of both the lord and Ibe at heart. She knows it will be difficult for Ibe to stay, whether as the maid or the lord’s lover, so she offered a solution. She could have fired Ibe on the spot. I doubt Ibe would be able to do anything without Ale’s intervention.

And I think spending some time apart might be beneficial for both of them. Right now, Ale’s head is so filled with Ibe that he neglects everything’s else. Ibe is unsure of her own feeling. Letting this two together at this stage would be disastrous. Ale should do some growing up first, and Ibe should do some self-searching.

I said as much the last chapter, but I truly think that they are not even properly at the starting line of the romance yet.

Double-page supporter
Maybe FMC will get promoted if she leaves her maid work too in her future career and then maybe gets better circumstances for marriage to MMC?

Double-page supporter
She's a moron. Both the MC and the head maid or whatever that old hag's position is. You think sending our MC away will make the master of the house go "oh, alright, I'll start acting proper now."? No, he'll probably fire you, if not execute you, and fetch our MC back. What a stupid old hag. Should just kill herself.

@Illusion_moon
Way to go. I don't know of the disappearence of Ibe will trigger the curse again, but I do think similary as you. The old one doesn't want the destruction of the two of them plus the household.

He's not going to be pleased when he gets back. I have a feeling it's going to be the critical point of he how acts since it will be a wake up call to him to stop acting like a child [judging by how the usual story goes in these types of stories]. Although the head maid is going to get it big time when he finds out.

I understand how Ibelina feels though and would leave if I were in her shoes even without the head maid's suggestion. Even though Elaine's way of saying it was quite out of bounds. Alejandro is a relative of the Emperor very close to the line. I can imagine him hiring the best of guards to fend off enemies that wish to kill him and Ibelina just fine. Even though he doesn't study much, his...feelings for Ibelina are not half-hearted. The mention of abandoning Ibelina was just thrown in just for the drama. He would never do that since Ibelina was by him through the curse. Unlike Elaine, unlike the other maids. If the maids fuss over him favoring her, they can suck it up since there's a very good reason for him to do so. I'm eager to see the drama unfold though just like before and watch Alejandro finally mature and not have Ibelina on the mind 24/7.

As for the original MC....lol. So here's the thing about kids. They are taught by their parents of what they find normal and not normal, heavily done in this world due to hierarchy. Kids don't have a "filter" at such a young age. They will say what comes to mind. They don't know about "think before you speak." I like how she realizes that what she said was very horrible. That's how you learn, to look back and what you did that was wrong. I really really doubt Alejandro is going to fall for her but I have a feeling the opposite will happen.

Lady Elaine is by far, the most level headed Head Maid i got to know in a lot of Mahuas. lol

Now we will see how stress out Ale is after he see Ibe gone
You.. just wait you head maid muahaha

@Siikalahna I disagree with Elaine being an old hag. She's just looking out for Ibe, as what she said is true for that time period. Of course sending Ibe away without Ibe telling Al why is stupid, but if Ibe tried to leave when Al was still there, he wouldn't let her. And I don't think Ibe can write (maids usually couldn't at that time), so a letter might not be an option.

Dex-chan lover
It's not as bad as I expected with a really handsome severance pay. Ibelina can basically forget depending on anyone and live as she likes with the money, with no worries. Certainly no need to rely on the pittance the garden helper Lorenzo makes, so she can forget all about him. I'm slightly surprised Elaine had the access to so much money, but seeing how the household has been functioning of late, I'm sure she has been stealing money for her own use as well, to make sure she lacks nothing when she retires.

Bingo! And you're about to see the story go into a totally unexpected direction as Alejandro treats the princess with contempt for the way she treated him (vs kindness). He no longer needs her. She's an eyesore to him, a trigger of painful memories, a reminder of selfish cruelty by others during his plight.

Since Ibee cured Alejandro, the truth of her situation is bound to come up and the Emperor will take interest, meaning he will likely send Diego after her because she'll be viewed as some kind of "saint" (or, at the very least, someone to be kept in the palace dungeon close by in case of need). How that ultimately plays out is as yet unknown, but I wager things won't be easy for Ibee.

Alejandro's rebuttal and contempt for the princess will likely fan her guilt, which will in turn with him inadvertently "playing hard to get" drive her towards Alejandro. Likewise, Alejandro's attraction to Ibee will drive Diego and other factors. Things may well get dicey moving forward.

@Raai, I don't know if the head maid will get punished as Ibee "volunteered to leave, and unless Ibee tells Alejandro, which I doubt, then the most he can be is angry that the head maid let/permitted Ibee from going. I don't know how it will play out beyond that though. However, by the way she approached it, Ibee volunteered and thus it means that the head maid was therefore not responsible for Ibee leaving.

Whether Alejandro sends out his private army to return Ibee (on the other hand) remains to be seen.

Dear lady Elaine
I always wanted to ask you where were you when he was weak and sick and needed someone's warmth?!, and why didn't you interfere when his father and mother was fooling around or is that because they are you bosses and Iblina is just a maid!? I will let this one be, but please do tell me what are you going to tell your master when he comes back!? Are you going to lie, or going to tell the truth that you kicked her out? And what do you think that he would do? Again all alone!
So please don't f tell me that your doing it for his sake

Hmmm... Lady Elaine is a bit of a tricky for me. Sure, her words are completely logical. She's right that Ibee is the only one who has more to lose in this relationship and I agree both of them need time apart. Ale NEEDS to mature a bit more. The way I see it, he's not exactly excited with the title of the Duke since I imagine his bloodline and relationship with the Royal family caused his entire childhood to be a living hell. Heck, the only good thing with all of this is that he got to meet Ibee and that's all. Back to Lady Elaine, again I understand, completely logical if we follow the time period and especially their status in mind. She's certainly better than the butler. But her previous thoughts (not counting the days he was cursed since she at least told Ibee the truth *though its a minus for me since she was completely aware the curse being contagious was false, she did nothing prior to Ibee's involvement in helping Ale at all*) paint her in a bit of a negative light. Heck, she overheard their conversations, she should be aware Ibee has yet to develop feelings and has so far TRIED to avoid Ale, she's already suffering from bullying from the other new maids. Regardless, she's definitely going to get punished in some way.

Now as for the "heroine", we can excuse her behavior as a kid (even calling another kid a monster since kids have no filter BUT for someone if I remember right, whose father *the one who got executed(?)* was partially the cause of the curse, and she also had a little bit of training since she IS technically a "crown princess", she should've showed some restraint or guilt to an already suffering closer to her age kid, sure again some kids have no filter but most kids I've known or in my community *as someone from a Christian household* already taught the value of empathy/sympathy)
as for her FUTURE actions (or at least her TRUE character according to second hand spoilers)
being a materialistic b*tch who feels like she deserves everything since its part of her status and by extension according to the interpretation of the one who spoiled me, she's better in looks, status, etc.
This also doesn't help her case despite the original story being in her POV, like Ibee said, she just moved to another man halfway and lead Ale's feelings on. The difference between her and Ibee is that so far Ibee makes it clear she still treats Ale like a kid and at least TRIED to put some distance and even told/reminded him the difference in status, Ale compared to the original plot is persistent and is finding ways to be with her

Users who are viewing this thread