Sincerely: I Became a Duke's Maid - Vol. 1 Ch. 40

Dex-chan lover
One of the biggest lies about love it's that conquers everything. It doesn't. Even if Ibelina loved back Alejandro and they got together, the fact remains that she's a mere maid and he's high nobility. Even his parents knew that and their lovers were nobility, which makes their scandals minor in compraison of the shitstorm IbeexAle would be.

So yes, the decision of Ibelina leaving just for the sake of both Alejandro and the ducal house is really sound in those circunstances. Alejandro MUST learn his place, and that place doesn't allow a relationship with a commoner.

@Nep I hate Ele-b*tch already, flaunting her title as a hostage as if it's a name bestowed to her from her achievements . A status as a hostage should not be used in any of social situation here we see her (as said by her lady in waiting?) that she uses it in every introductions she makes. This, in my perspective, will gain nothing but hostility from the nobles that she obviously wants them to be her backing (us readers as well. We all have that gut feeling that this character is going to be a green tea b*tch) and…this kind of introduction is totally breaking the rules of Etiquette. Also I support your theory with her wanting power, I noticed that in the originals she could've stopped the rebellion if she wanted to, but didn't cuz she want to know who holds the final power and the original novel didn't made it clear if she agreed to be by Diego's side or not (no say that she likes Diego doesn't count)
I also have a theory that Ibee is related to the Ambrosetti royal family in someway and I meant biological way. Think about it Ale-kun was cursed because he is a relative(If I remember correctly) of the imperial family, was cured by a descendant of the original caster in the novel while no one could…huh curious

I see we have taken the LONG route to the flower field ending. Not opposed, but there is gonna be some good shit because I trust in the writing enough.

Something the head maid should be telling him is being done by the gardener ...okay.
I guess we know where she stands on actually work.

Dex-chan lover
I think this is good for him, even though its a romance between the two of them, somehow, he still needs to grow and find other people to depend on and Ibelin was in the way of that progress. It's going to be super hard though since he doesnt trust or like anyone.

Aggregator gang
I feel really bad for him 😞 I understand why he doesn’t want anyone besides Ibelina, but he’s got to have at least one person besides Ibelina to rely on. Like a best friend, or something.

Fed-Kun's army
I hope Alejandro and Lorenzo can be friends by finding common ground on ibelina.

Dex-chan lover
Was not the "stay with him no matter what and make him happy" the whole point she was isekaid?

@felinowottgald yes it was. The author seems to forget that and now turned what was a great character into a husk with no motivation or drive.

Bets on what Alejandro will do with this information?
Fire all the maids?
Blacklist the headmaid's family from any job ever?
Burn down the mansion?
Become friends with Lorenzo?
Anything goes in speculation land!

Contributor
Who wants to take a punt on Ibelina being a bastard of the foreign king and half sister to the princess?

The princess hostage said she secretly read her brother's book about how to inflict the curse but not to cure it. Could her family be the reason the curse is in the royal family?
And ofc she's going to fall for Ale cause he doesn't care about her and I hope in his pain of missing Ibee, he doesn't fall for her schemes. Please, please, please, let him and Ibee reunite soon. I don't know how much I can take!

Users who are viewing this thread