Sincerely: I Became a Duke's Maid - Vol. 1 Ch. 42

No one's gonna comment on the floating horse? Okay imma leave it here then...

Dex-chan lover
Remind me, did Ibelina ever tried to contact the family of her original body?

@Drake68655
Huh, did he fall in love with the heroine after she cured him? I don't remember exactly, but if it's before then whether she cured him or not shouldn't have mattered

Double-page supporter
@Drake68655 Because she's a typical "la-la-la, this is a novel, la-la-la, it's not real" -type of MC who can't, for the life of them, grow a brain.

@Drake68655

A lot of transmigraters think xyz is in love with someone else and not them cuz it’s written in the novel which they take like gospel for the future. Because they still see it as a “novel” world and not a real one they let their guard down and dont think about what affects they have.

@Xirre I've seen so many Red Dead Redemption 2 fails and funny videos that my brain processed it as perfectly normal 🤣

how did a single horse carrying a petite woman couldn´t catch up with a enormous carriage unless it stopped?

Dex-chan lover
@Drake68655 Keep in mind that her character is... very dumb. She has trouble putting two and two together in multiple cases.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@Drake68655 A few reasons for all this really, in the "all of the above" kind.

1. Because love is weird, blind and ungrateful. As in, it is not impossible for the Duke to fall in love with the 'heroine' regardless of whether she cured him or not.
2. (Semi-Guess work) MC thinks the Duke is err "over relying" on her. Not sure what the right word is. As in, being the Duke's maid, he feels grateful/doesn't bother to communicate with others. Basically, she still sees him as a 'child'

3. I wouldn't call the MC dumb. I wouldn't call her smart either though. She is definitely one of those types that still thinks that life would go according to the story like some other series which would be more justified if she came from a different series.

[There was one series that I can't remember in NU. Its about a past life guy becoming a servant, improving his two master's (brother and sister) public approval/attitude so that they don't face execution and exile. He was successful with the public approval part but they still faced execution and exile because the world(literally) said so. The brainless numbskulls that "framed" the brother for various crimes THEN become smart(er), quite quickly though not immediately, and go "Why did I do that?" once they were released from their "roles". ]

So... maybe part dumb, part paranoid, unlikely-but-maybe forced (forced to be stupid by plotline , giving the MC a reason to go mad.) (I'd believe this theory if the Prince finds her and falls in love with her instead of the heroine.)

Dex-chan lover
Fucking hate the trope that keeps on driving these non-logical plots.
Hope she realizes that it isn't the novel, but a living world.

I can't read any of the old chapters. I really appreciate your work and I love this manhwa, could you please fix it?
o(╥﹏╥)o

@Nep The series you talked about is called "Akuyaku Reijo Ni Koi Wo Shite(Falling in love with the Villainess)" web novel. Which is still on-going translation iirc. It's quite the rollercoaster ride.

As for this story, it would've been an easy solution if the heroine was protrayed as intelligent as well as compassionate and not just compassionate toward the fate of Ale. Or it could be that she's just limited by the views she grew up with and predetermined judgement, a reality where, the rich mix only with the rich and the 'commoners' only with 'commoners'(actual thing in South Korea btw as far as my knowledge goes).
Therefore she's bound to reject that idea on top of which its a novel with 'predetermined' outcomes for her, so the most she can hope for is to try and avoid his rebellion and execution.

Fed-Kun's army
It is pretty hard to see how incredibly dumb she is tbh... seriously... a 3 year old could see how things have changed (i mean, the curing thing is literally what let him fall in love in the novel? Cant cure something that is already cured you numbskull), but she just idioticly things everything goes back to the root just because she is not there anymore... hard to swallow such idiotic characters, even if its normal in this genre that the MCs arent the brightes candles on the cake...

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@FelMisT Ah thanks. I was waiting to read it... After it finished translating but I guess its not going to happen soon.

Or it could be that she's just limited by the views she grew up with and predetermined judgement, a reality where, the rich mix only with the rich and the 'commoners' only with 'commoners'(actual thing in South Korea btw as far as my knowledge goes).

Thats new information for me so its useful. Anyway, I agree with this. This is most likely the case. Most novel character brings something from their 'home' regardless of their settings. E.g Kusuriya no Hitorigoto having characters that act like "standard" Japanese stereotypes despite the fact that they are in China.

Or some random chinese novel I really stopped caring about where everyone seems to care about their personal "face" to the extent they do ridiculous, childish and stupid things even though the setting is Western-ish (The setting that usually has chivalry and all that) or anywhere else really.

So having characters that think they as commoners should not mix with nobles doesn't seem too far fetched especially when the characters themselves were transported from said environment.

Fed-Kun's army
ibelina is one of those people that has good intentions and i'd love irl, but at the same time her decisions are also so unreasonable that i'm just-

like f a m. i understand she was in self-denial about alec's feelings not necessarily unaware, and that she has multiple reasons to simply ignore them and that the environment got super difficult because of alec's feelings/favourtism, but it's like,,, hhhh i'm sO close to telling her to square up even though she's really just doing the best she can with what she has

also: alec u need to be around other children ur age like growing up dependent on only one person is unhealthy even though i understand your isolation wasn't based on choice but on others' discrimination

Fed-Kun's army
Um... can someone explain how a slow carriage carrying passengers and luggage can outrun a knight on a horse over a long distance? How did it take so long for Liliana to catch up to Ibelina? Even if Liliana went to send a message to the Duke, it couldn't possibly have taken a whole day to chase her down.

Users who are viewing this thread