Sincerely: I Became a Duke's Maid - Vol. 2 Ch. 56

Dex-chan lover
@XxBubblexX
I can understand that, but denial is a strong force; I'm pretty sure her subconscious is telling her conscious mind that "he doesn't actually mean that" or "he'll get over you".

Dex-chan lover
Heroine tries to weasel her way out but male lead lolnopes her this time.

My boy has grown so much.

@BanditHadron

I honestly have to disagree with that reason. At this point in time it's not a good justification given that he gave her no reason to doubt his sincere motives and because of her previous character development. Having her be in denial would backtrack and erase all of that.

Her obsession with the plot novel, and her previous status position, was main reason for her active denial and rejection of his feelings.

This comes to a head when she finally gets character development, in chpts 52-53, where she acknowledges this and chooses stop obsessing over the plot and accept, instead of ignore, his sincere devotion/feelings as is.

So, imo, it's not so much as denial(it shouldn't be) so much as it looks like the author is gearing toward bad characterization, and writing, as a result of her trying to keep Ibee "cute", and keep the chemistry in their relationship with her denseness, when it actually does the opposite and makes Ibee come off as unreasonably dumb in some instances.

It's either that or the author is just not properly analyzing and considering the implications of what the character says.

I feel that the MC is becoming that typical dumb heroine character in the villainess as FL story except that she is not evil

Users who are viewing this thread