Sincerely: I Became a Duke's Maid - Vol. 2 Ch. 56

Dex-chan lover
@nivinator
Trashy, edgy nickname a 12-year-old would think up, eh? I laughed my ass off.

@XxBubblexX
I agree with that to a point, but at the same time, I do think Ibee still has doubts. I'm not saying that the author isn't unintentionally sabotaging her character, but I do think she's in denial.

THATS SO SWEET!! WHAT THE HELL 💕💕💕
Also Alejandro being so shy is a blessingg uwu

Hopefully, she won't lose face at that comment. Being "a lover" means that she's at best a "concubine". If he was courting her, that would be another, unless it is implied that their relationship is chaste at this point.

[Note: Cults of Purity with respect to sex, particularly that deminish the value of women after sex are highly troubling. It commodifies people as inanimate objects, thereby deminishing their value in the world & to themselves, potentially. I don't have a card about a consentual relationship, but I do worry about the larger issues at hand & if his potentially tactless comment could result in a loss of face for her. Since we don't know how these things are presented in world as such, I worry if she'll be harmed because of his potentially thoughtless act—unintentional harm due to a lack of planning on his part or basically due to his ignorance, understandable through it might be due to him being a sickly kid abused through neglect by his parents and the additional emotional abuse by the staff, on top of the physical abuse and emotional abuse by his uncle, the Emperor.]

is it just me or does this chapter look different than usual?

lots more chibi + the characters look a little... idk, softer?

Wearing a dress that basically has the same tone as your skin and hair never looks good. Some color contrast would've been nice. She looked better in her travel clothes.

Dex-chan lover
Hold on, u cant say it like that lmfao. What about etiquette and the likes? Welp, guess it’s not that important...

I didn't like that he used the word "lover" to introduce her. He should have told them she was his fiancé, even if that's a little stretch of their relationship status at the moment. That would have looked better to outsiders and would've put her on a higher position of respect. Somehow, using the word "lover" in this kind of setting feels a little... idk.

Users who are viewing this thread