Sincerely: I Became a Duke's Maid - Vol. 2 Ch. 59

WAIT! There’s something definitely WRONG! She’s watching a SWORDFIGHT! Not a HOCKEY MATCH!
🤣🤣lol
“Ended up enjoying it”

Fed-Kun's army
Ibee doesn't count as a useless damsel in distress
'cuz she's not distressed at all, she's just chillin' while perfectly staying put and enjoying the slaughter show, great! 😂

She's more impressed with Lily than Alejandro. Now his petty ass is pissed. You guys really ended up messing with the wrong people. xD

Ibee pops on the 3D glasses and snacks on popcorn.

Thanks for the update.

Screw Alejandro, screw red haired jerk prince, screw everyone except Lily. She's perfect, I want to marry her dammit

Dex-chan lover
I feel so bad for the mercenaries, the king is really evil. To take over someone's land and not care for the subjects that come with it what else are they supposed to do to survive. It's sad seeing Ibee doesn't care or think about it beyond this is what's supposed to happen in the novel she's probably seeing it as watching the live action version play out so that's why she's enjoying it. But it's still disturbing

Yeah, guts are spilt everywhere, and the kind&gentle FL is SOOO excited to see people stab and kill other people :'D

@Dragou The average person even in that world doesn't get involved in fights and thus would've never seen anyone get cut down. It's a horrifying thing to witness, especially for the first time. Ibee has lived a sheltered life even in that world as she was only ever a maid in well-off households where she would've never witnessed anything like that. Secondly, just because we don't see anyone begging for their lives or crying, that's what always happens on a battlefield with swords. It's not a clean death like a bullet to the head but a much slower way to die and what do people do when they are in extreme pain and know that they are dying? They cry and beg. The author didn't show it to keep it PG but that doesn't mean it isn't happening. Even if you are able to ignore most of what happens, the knowledge that it IS happening is still there and together with the sounds of the battle would be enough to send any sane person into a panic. The fact that she's calm and even impressed and excited is straight up psychopathic, or just the author not being aware of what kind of scene they're writing, too focused on making Alejandro look cool. Me saying that she's enjoying what's happening in front of her is not a free interpretation, it literally says so in the story.

But that's exactly NOT the kind of world they live in. They live a civilized life in a peaceful empire, Ibee has never witnessed poverty or violence (excpet for some of the Duchess' temper tantrums) nor would anyone else in her position or of her social standing. Most of these citizens would never even catch sight of a bandit in their lifetimes. That's the entire point. These things happen on the fringes of their peaceful and prosperous society. So no, not being able to accept or stomach that doesn't mean you will get killed or worse. It means you are living a peaceful civilized life in the empire like the majority of the population.

I'm not comdemning her, I'm condemning the author for their thoughtlessness in writing this scene.

Discounting people you don't agree with and who have a different opinion on a fictional work than you as people who "can't understand things and people who don't think about it in the first place" and telling them to stay silent is honestly pathetic. It's more of a reflection of who you are than anything else.

Dex-chan lover
@NoSoup And again you really underestimate how much the human brain can blend out things. I can speak out of experience here. Next is that again this world is different and like she said once: she grows more and more accostumed with her body and world and her knowledge/memories of the Novel and so on is getting thinner/weaker. Depending of how Ibee was raised it wouldnt be scary if she knows that she is safe because of Alejandro, Lily and the other knights.

You condemning the author who hasnt finished (and published) the end of the situation at all. Next is we dont know if these Bandits are killed off before they can do so much as beg for their lifes (and not all humans act like that, which is also a sad truth and for that you just need to watch the news). Without us seeing the situation you can say that you would like more information about it, but calling the character a psycho is not a point against the author but against the character.
And that is why you dont appear like you truly thought about the situation at all.

Users who are viewing this thread