Sirius & Mayu - Vol. 2 Ch. 12 - Sirius in Summer

Group Leader
Pretty disappointing ending, though just as expected. Mayu doesn't deserve Haru and I feel sorry for Haru.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for finishing this! I thought it was such a beautiful story, so glad there was a happy ending. ❤️

@FredFriendly Why do you think she doesn’t deserve him? 🙁

Power Uploader
Maybe a bit underwhelming but not unexpected. It was a nice ride.

Dex-chan lover
@criver
I think it's tagged based on the magazine/publisher it first appeared in. Seems to be some sort of rule on manga sites since..... I don't know since when, actually. I'm guessing Mangaupdates started it. People would argue whether something was shoujo or josei, shounen or seinen, changing the genre/demographic tags all the time. Admins got fed up and said they'll tag based on the mag it's serialized on.

Best not to think about it too much. You'll often see juvenile smutty shoujo tagged as josei, a typical shounen battle manga tagged as seinen, etc, etc.

Dex-chan lover
this was a great story! but I only read the comments on each chapter, not the chapters themselves. got the story from that, and it was quite funny and hilarious to be honest 😂

@criver Josei, shoujo, shounen, and seinen are demographics, not genres, so those tags don't necessarily indicate what kind of content the manga contains, just which demographic it was trying to target. It's like how Death Note is shounen because it ran in a shounen magazine and was marketed towards teen boys, even though it was nothing like Naruto or Bleach that also ran in the same magazine.

Dex-chan lover
@Breren

so those tags don't necessarily indicate what kind of content the manga contains, just which demographic it was trying to target.
What is your point? I don't believe you mean to imply that there's no relation between the former and the latter. In which case I assume you are just saying that it's whatever the publisher decided on (regardless of whether the work actually targets that demographic based om topics and general interest).

Reading through it, I really liked how pared down and sparse it was. It's a simple story, it didn't need to drag on for 10 volumes or whatever.

Group Leader
@criver The magazine that this was published in targets josei readers (older teen girls and adult women) as you can see by the list of the magazines published:

https://www.mangaupdates.com/publishers.html?pubname=You

Demographics affect other types of magazines, as well. For instance, young teenage girls would be much more likely to read Seventeen instead of Cosmopolitan. Since magazines, in general, are also supported by advertizers, the ads that you would find in those two magazines would be targeted to the demographics.

@karolyn Why do you think she doesn’t deserve him?

Outside of the fact that she's a liar, during the four months Haru was gone, she did absolutely nothing to keep in touch with him.

Dex-chan lover
The art was really cute, the characters were frustrating at times but you know what, people often are, in the end they are all kids trying to find their own Sirius.
I was good, fuck the haters.

Dex-chan lover
Everyone gets a happy ending how nice

@FredFriendly they sent letters though in chapter 8 p.11 we saw her try to write something and in chapter 10 p11 she mentioned wanting to write "Another" letter we just never saw the contents of her letters heck we never got to see Haru's first letter only the second one about him mentioning coming back pretty sure they sent more letters but never get to see them or idk Japan's postal service must be shit that's why Haru only sending 2 while Mayu sending 1

I mean Haru could have bought a phone to make it easier to communicate I don't know why you are blaming it on Mayu.

Group Leader
Ah, a blast from the past...

@greatninja3
I mean Haru could have bought a phone to make it easier to communicate I don't know why you are blaming it on Mayu.

The story is supposedly based on Mayu being overwhelmingly in love with Haru yet, unlike Megu who kept in constant touch with Haru to the extent that she actually met with him in person, Mayu did nothing but feel sorry for herself (and flirt with another guy) without taking the appropriate actions that would keep her in touch with Haru. If Mayu loved and missed him so much, she shoulda been writing him letters every day not just thinking that she should write to him.

Users who are viewing this thread